Nous sommes actuellement le 19 Avr 2024, 16:25

Bugs

Modérateurs: Cyanide Team, Console Staff

• Auteur

Patatrasse

Cyanide Team

Re: Bugs

Message05 Juil 2013, 12:25

Erroneus a écrit:Yeah it is properly because of the scale, but I still consider it a bug, when the game is clearly able to see there is a difference. When finished the game, it has the correct time on the leaderboard, so why not use that time, it's such a strange decision.

Some response from mod / dev would be nice, are you going to fix this? I can't see my self buying a TDF again, when it has such huge flaws.

We look at what you say. In fact, there is an issue link to the scale of the game.
The gaps you see just at the end of the stages are "real times". That's mean that a rider who finish at the back of the peloton can be awarded of a gap superior to 30" for example.

But as you know, in real life, when finishing in the same group, riders at the back of group are given the time of the first rider of their group. That's why there is differences between the end of the stages and final time rankings.

The problem is that we have been a bit too generous. On mountain stages, the gap must be over 7 seconds so that the game considers that the riders are in different groups (20s on other stages).

This is frustrating when your efforts are annihilated but, it works on the other way. If you lost 7 seconds on the previous group you don't lost those 7 seconds.

Nonetheless, we will change that for future versions.
Hors-ligne

Patatrasse

Cyanide Team

Message05 Juil 2013, 12:29

mikeeboy a écrit:During an individual time trial after sprinting with the 'A' button (XBox) there is a delay before your rider begins pedalling again even though you have the right trigger held down. So sprinting actually costs you time.

This doesn't happen on a normal stage and works fine.

Actually, the problem is the animation. It is not triggered as it should be. Nonetheless, is the speed increasing ?
Hors-ligne

mikeeboy

• XBox 360 Gamertag: Mikeeboy

Message05 Juil 2013, 13:41

Patatrasse a écrit:
mikeeboy a écrit:During an individual time trial after sprinting with the 'A' button (XBox) there is a delay before your rider begins pedalling again even though you have the right trigger held down. So sprinting actually costs you time.

Actually, the problem is the animation. It is not triggered as it should be. Nonetheless, is the speed increasing ?

No. The speed increases while you are sprinting but then the bar is empty for a second or too and the speed actually decreases. This is most apparent at the start when you sprint off the ramp.

The way it is now, it is better just to pedal in high gear from the start and not bother with sprint. This makes some objectives virtually impossible.

Also with the individual time trial there appears to be no speed tactic required you can just high gear all of the way on both trials concentrating only on steering and braking occasionally
Hors-ligne

Patatrasse

Cyanide Team

Message05 Juil 2013, 13:55

mikeeboy a écrit:
Patatrasse a écrit:

No. The speed increases while you are sprinting but then the bar is empty for a second or too and the speed actually decreases. This is most apparent at the start when you sprint off the ramp.

The way it is now, it is better just to pedal in high gear from the start and not bother with sprint. This makes some objectives virtually impossible.

Also with the individual time trial there appears to be no speed tactic required you can just high gear all of the way on both trials concentrating only on steering and braking occasionally

Sorry, I misunderstand the question. It's part of the gameplay. If you empty the red bar, your rider will overheat. You have to stop your sprint before you empty the bar to optimize your sprints during CLM. If you fail, your rider will be slow down for a few seconds. It is like the "hit the wall" in normal race when you don't have yellow energy anymore.
Hors-ligne

mikeeboy

• XBox 360 Gamertag: Mikeeboy

Message05 Juil 2013, 14:22

Patatrasse a écrit:Sorry, I misunderstand the question. It's part of the gameplay. If you empty the red bar, your rider will overheat. You have to stop your sprint before you empty the bar to optimize your sprints during CLM. If you fail, your rider will be slow down for a few seconds. It is like the "hit the wall" in normal race when you don't have yellow energy anymore.

Right ok, I'll try that next time trial I have. Is that in the tutorial or instructions?
Hors-ligne

Patatrasse

Cyanide Team

Message05 Juil 2013, 14:39

mikeeboy a écrit:
Patatrasse a écrit:Sorry, I misunderstand the question. It's part of the gameplay. If you empty the red bar, your rider will overheat. You have to stop your sprint before you empty the bar to optimize your sprints during CLM. If you fail, your rider will be slow down for a few seconds. It is like the "hit the wall" in normal race when you don't have yellow energy anymore.

Right ok, I'll try that next time trial I have. Is that in the tutorial or instructions?

It's in the tutorial->controls->TT->Step on the pedal
Hors-ligne

Erroneus

• Pseudo GameCenter: PSN: Erroneus
  • XBox 360 Gamertag: Hoder Erroneus

Message05 Juil 2013, 14:48

Patatrasse a écrit:Nonetheless, we will change that for future versions.

Thanks for the reply, that clears up a lot of frustrations from here :)

Glad you change it. I understand the reasoning, but since the game is clearly able to understand when riders are in the same group or not, it should be able to use that info for the results.
Hors-ligne

Marci84

• XBox 360 Gamertag: Marci84

Message16 Juil 2013, 16:37

Dear Developers!

Can you fix impossible objectives with updates on Xbox Live? I am perfectionist, so try to fight for 100% with all teams, but I already find an objective (unbelievable, but it is a "silver" one), which I found impossible.

I talk about a silver with Team Garmin. You must be in the Top 10 in a time trial with D Millar.

At stage 11 I can go 36:30 with Wiggins, and the leaderboard record is 36:17, so I don't think, that I suck. But with D Millar I'm 1 minute slower, than the 10. place rider. Constantly. Impossible to find that minute in that stage. If it is possible, can you show us a video of it?

Stage 17 is far worst, Millar sucks at hills in the game.

I thought, that the trick is the team time trial, because it is easy to win with Garmin, and the objective don't mention, that it must be an individual TT. So, if you reach the second place with Garmin, but you place D Millar to the front at the finish, then it is at least a 10. place for him. I did it, I won, he was first, but it didn't unlock the objective.

It's very frustrating, especially if all objectives with all teams must be done for the 10 star and the Legend rating. (By the way, how many experience points do I need for the legend rating?)

Otherwise the game is fantastic, I really love to play it over and over again, and I was happy with the 26 easy achievements! Well done!

Thank you guys for your patience!

Gamertag: Marci84
(Budapest, Hungary)
Hors-ligne

RobaL86

Message16 Juil 2013, 17:30

Marci84 a écrit:Dear Developers!

Can you fix impossible objectives with updates on Xbox Live? I am perfectionist, so try to fight for 100% with all teams, but I already find an objective (unbelievable, but it is a "silver" one), which I found impossible.

I talk about a silver with Team Garmin. You must be in the Top 10 in a time trial with D Millar.

At stage 11 I can go 36:30 with Wiggins, and the leaderboard record is 36:17, so I don't think, that I suck. But with D Millar I'm 1 minute slower, than the 10. place rider. Constantly. Impossible to find that minute in that stage. If it is possible, can you show us a video of it?

I thought, that the trick is the team time trial, because it is easy to win with Garmin, and the objective don't mention, that it must be an individual TT. So, if you reach the second place with Garmin, but you place D Millar to the front at the finish, then it is at least a 10. place for him. I did it, I won, he was first, but it didn't unlock the objective.

It's very frustrating, especially if all objectives with all teams must be done for the 10 star and the Legend rating. (By the way, how many experience points do I need for the legend rating?)

Otherwise the game is fantastic, I really love to play it over and over again, and I was happy with the 26 easy achievements! Well done!

(Budapest, Hungary)

I tried that challenge like 10 times yesterday.

I found out that the AI is way better with Millar than I am, so I just control one of the other riders on the TT. I have still not completed it, as it is very difficult. The best result so far is an 11th place with 2 seconds down to 10 on the first flat TT. This is part of at tour and Millar has the yellow jersey, so i thing that he gets some kind of boost when the AI is controlling him while he needs to defend the jersey.

But yes, it's kinda frustrating.
Hors-ligne

Marci84

• XBox 360 Gamertag: Marci84

Message17 Juil 2013, 12:23

RobaL86 a écrit:
Marci84 a écrit:Dear Developers!

(Budapest, Hungary)

I tried that challenge like 10 times yesterday.

I found out that the AI is way better with Millar than I am, so I just control one of the other riders on the TT. I have still not completed it, as it is very difficult. The best result so far is an 11th place with 2 seconds down to 10 on the first flat TT. This is part of at tour and Millar has the yellow jersey, so i thing that he gets some kind of boost when the AI is controlling him while he needs to defend the jersey.

But yes, it's kinda frustrating.

Thanks for your clever advice RobaL86!

I made a tour today with the default Garmin stages, did 2 saves before stage 11. The first one was a big lead for Millar to easily defend the yellow jersey. (4:43 against Wiggins and Froome, more than 6 minutes against the unlucky Contador who had crashed earlier.) The second save was a little advantage for Millar to give him some pressure.

Then I tried your method, using Hesjedal, hoping that AI Millar will make some miracle. Tried 4 times with save1, and 4 times with save2. The closest gap was 23 seconds behind the 10. place, all other gaps were more than 30 seconds.

Your method gives more chance, but it also needs a hundred tries if it is possible at all. I still believe, that it's a bug, and the key of this objective is the Team Time Trial, and the game must accept its result.

I hope, that it will be fixed, or developers will confirm, that it's not required for the "legend" rating, because I started to lose my eagerness to reach the top.

Thanks RobaL86, it worthed a try!
PrécédentSuivant

Retour vers [Tour de France] Forum Général / General Forum