Nous sommes actuellement le 19 Avr 2024, 02:45

Feedback

Modérateurs: Cyanide Team, Console Staff

• Auteur

mikeeboy

• XBox 360 Gamertag: Mikeeboy

Re: Feedback

Message04 Juil 2013, 14:17

Generally it is considered for the yellow jersey team to set the tempo of the peleton and to chase down any breakway (on a flat stage the sprint teams should do it for a bunch sprint)

This generally happens in the game on fast forward, but on a stage I played recently where I was in yellow, during fast forward the lone breakaway rider built up a 12 minute gap and it didn't seem to be coming down. I immediately started playing, put the team on fastest relay and the gap did start falling but it was just too late. This stage was a mountain top finish and the breakaway rider finished about 7 minutes clear of Contador and co. It seemed because I was in yellow, the peleton didn't up the tempo during fast forward.

Even though the breakaway wasn't a threat to the yellow jersey this shouldn't have happened
Hors-ligne

Erroneus

• Pseudo GameCenter: PSN: Erroneus
  • XBox 360 Gamertag: Hoder Erroneus

Message04 Juil 2013, 16:20

Yep. Something similar happened to me. I had to use many of my riders to pull in a breakaway, which got way to much time, because no other teams were doing anything, not even those with clear favorites to win the stage.
Hors-ligne

mikeeboy

Message05 Juil 2013, 10:17

I think the problem is that the peleton only chase down threats to the yellow jersey.

I recently had a lone breakaway win the double climb of Alp d'Huez winning 7 minutes clear of the best climbers in the world.

The reason that the breakaway was so far behind in the GC was probably becuase he got left behind on a previous mountain stage as well??

Loving the game, but the more I play the more holes I see in the AI. Plenty for the devs to work on in the future.
Hors-ligne

Patatrasse

Cyanide Team

Message05 Juil 2013, 11:11

When you have the yellow jersey, during simulation, your team defend it. If the breakaway is not dangerous, your team won't waste energy in chasing this group.

Then, the composition of the breakaway also influences the behaviour of the peloton. Depending on who is on the breakaway, some teams will decide to chase or not.
Hors-ligne

mikeeboy

Message05 Juil 2013, 13:50

Patatrasse a écrit:When you have the yellow jersey, during simulation, your team defend it. If the breakaway is not dangerous, your team won't waste energy in chasing this group.

Then, the composition of the breakaway also influences the behaviour of the peloton. Depending on who is on the breakaway, some teams will decide to chase or not.

I think it needs to be a bit cleverer than that. On flat stages, the sprint teams should chase down breakaways. On HC mountain climbs or with mountain top finishes, the GC teams will more often than not chase down breakaways and they are regularly won by a GC contender or top climber from the peleton.
Hors-ligne

mikeeboy

Message05 Juil 2013, 13:51

I also think that during simulation, that whatever happens should be the same as if you were actually playing (apart from the rider you control of course)

This doesn't seem to happen at the moment.
Hors-ligne

Patatrasse

Cyanide Team

Message05 Juil 2013, 14:07

I agree with you but the influence of the player over the race is very important and we will never be able to reproduce the will of the player during simulation.

Nonetheless, there is room for improvement. Always ;)
Hors-ligne

Mathias Frank

Message06 Juil 2013, 21:58

Im very sad that the game now is not 1:2.
that was the big plus point for ps3 version vs pc.
Mountainstages was so realistic. And sprints.
Now they beginn to sprint 1.5 km befor goal

Better now is that we can simulate when ever we want

But with 1:2 time it would bo soooo GREAT
:( :( :(
Hors-ligne

Mathias Frank

Message06 Juil 2013, 23:03

And its to easy
After sprint with hagen he goes alone and win solo

And an edit for de rider points is a must.
Par exemple tanel kangerts mountain points is a joke
Hors-ligne

Layo

Message14 Juil 2013, 19:56

Mathias Frank a écrit:Im very sad that the game now is not 1:2.
that was the big plus point for ps3 version vs pc.
Mountainstages was so realistic. And sprints.
Now they beginn to sprint 1.5 km befor goal

Better now is that we can simulate when ever we want

But with 1:2 time it would bo soooo GREAT
:( :( :(

With this Accelerated and irreal 1/5 Scale, Cyanide have become a Great Cycling game,(TDF2012), in an Arcade MOTO-Cycling game, (TDF2013... )

"On my first tour, I Win with Dani Pedrosa ..."

Now, my next objetive will be try win the Tour, with Valentino Rosi or Jorge Lorenzo... :(
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKdmpc_mDX0
PrécédentSuivant

Retour vers [Tour de France] Forum Général / General Forum