Improvements for TdF'14

Modérateurs: Cyanide Team, Console Staff

• Auteur

credible

• XBox 360 Gamertag: RuntherCredible

Improvements for TdF'14

Message09 Juil 2013, 01:19

General suggestions
Hi, guys! And thanks for a great edition of Tour de France, I've had loads of fun with it this year. It's as great a company to the race as ever. However, I have found some areas where I think the experience could be better. Here's my list of suggestions for improvements in next years edition.

• There is a gamebreaking bug on what i believe is Stage 18. On three different occations you enter a crossroad where there is no telling where to go. If you go straight or right you crash into invisible walls. You should mark where players should go.
  • My co-op buddy is color blind and has a hard time seeing the difference between the green and yellow effort bar.
  • The auto-effort (RB/R1) is pretty bugged when playing co-op, especially in high speeds and when going around sharp corners. More often than not the rider who follows will crash or simply the "auto" dissapear, this happends either you're going downhill, flat or on a climb. It seems like the problem is if the first person is taking too sharp bends or cutting the corner, the AI don't understand how to follow the curve.
  • While playing split screen the constant info screens is very irritating and blocks the field of view, especially when going downhill. Shold be deactivated (info about overall standing, relay-percentage etc).
  • What food to bring should be individual for each rider, and the team-mates you don't control should be able to eat themselves without having to control them.
  • The "Command All"-function from TdF12 is sorely missed. It's a travesty having to pick each rider individually. I also miss the ability to propose alliances.
  • For the "Name Editor" you have to type in "First name", "Surname" and then "First letter. Surname". F.ex: "Thor", "Hushovd", "T. Hushovd". Surely there has to be a way to make it so that you only have to enter the first name and surname, and it makes the last one automatically.

Artificial Intelligence / Team Intelligence
One of the biggest problems in this years edition is the teams' ability to fight for their objectives - namely the green and polka dot jersey. Launching a breakaway 15km from the intermediary sprint and finish line wins the sprint pretty much every time, as none of the sprint teams try to close the gap. This has led to me winning the green jersey with over 100 points down to Cavendish with time-trialist Fabian Cancellara (Radioshack), fighter Edvald Boasson Hagen (Sky) and climber Eros Capecchi (Movistar). You have to fix this in next years edition, as it is game-breaking that teams like Argos Shimano, Lotto Belisol and Omega-Quickstep just don't care that their main Tour objectives are sabotaged.

• Sprint teams should relay extremely hard to catch breakaways, especially if there is contenders to the green jersey.
  • Teams with climbing objectives (Movistar, Europcar etc) should protect/attack the polka dot jersey.
  • GC AI looks very good. Haven't found any flaws with the yellow jersey-mechanics. Best part of the game.

Achievements
Believe it or not, achievements/trophies actually matter for a lot of people. The acievements this year is... well, not too great. Previous years the achievements have been way, waaaay too hard, bugged and time consuming, and this year it's way too easy.

Here is what x360a.org wrote in their review of the game.
Achievement rating: 1/10. Awful. One of the very worst lists we’ve ever seen, and we’ve seen a hell of a lot of lists. The worst kind of laziness. The tiles are ugly as sin too."
In my perspective, achievements shouldn't be easy or hard - they should be fun and rewarding - adding something to the game and set some goals for the player. Below is my suggestions.

• A few achievements winning the jerseys.
  • Many achievements for reaching gold and platinum objectives with different teams.
  • A few achievements for leveling up.
  • A few coop-achievements. F.ex:
    "Dust off your shoulders" - Control Hoogerland and Flecha and win with a breakaway.
    "Brotherly Love" - Launch Andy Scheleck off in a mountain sprint with Fränk Schlech.
  • Many achievements for creating historic or fun scenarios. F.ex:
    "National Hero" - Stay in yellow for 9 days with Thomas Voeckler.
    "I'll be back" - Win the tour with Contador.
    "Il Dutche" - Win stage 6 in a breakaway with Johnny Hoogerland.
    "Opa" - Win the tour with Jens Voigt, the oldest rider this year (41 years).
    "A star is born every day" - Win a stage with Danny van Poppel, the youngest rider this year (19 years).
    "Them battling vikings" - No rider has ever won both the yellow jersey and the combattant award. Do it with a nordic rider.
    "You knock me down.." - Win the Tour with a rider who did not finnish last years tour.
    "Bad meat?" - Beat Alberto Contador in a mountain sprint.
    "Not your time yet, son" - Finnish the tour with Bradley Wiggins above Chris Froome.
Hors-ligne

mikeeboy

• XBox 360 Gamertag: Mikeeboy

Re: Improvements for TdF'14

Message09 Juil 2013, 09:39

credible a écrit:General suggestions

• The "Command All"-function from TdF12 is sorely missed. It's a travesty having to pick each rider individually. I also miss the ability to propose alliances.
  • For the "Name Editor" you have to type in "First name", "Surname" and then "First letter. Surname". F.ex: "Thor", "Hushovd", "T. Hushovd". Surely there has to be a way to make it so that you only have to enter the first name and surname, and it makes the last one automatically.

Artificial Intelligence / Team Intelligence
One of the biggest problems in this years edition is the teams' ability to fight for their objectives - namely the green and polka dot jersey. Launching a breakaway 15km from the intermediary sprint and finish line wins the sprint pretty much every time, as none of the sprint teams try to close the gap. This has led to me winning the green jersey with over 100 points down to Cavendish with time-trialist Fabian Cancellara (Radioshack), fighter Edvald Boasson Hagen (Sky) and climber Eros Capecchi (Movistar). You have to fix this in next years edition, as it is game-breaking that teams like Argos Shimano, Lotto Belisol and Omega-Quickstep just don't care that their main Tour objectives are sabotaged.

• Sprint teams should relay extremely hard to catch breakaways, especially if there is contenders to the green jersey.
  • Teams with climbing objectives (Movistar, Europcar etc) should protect/attack the polka dot jersey.
  • GC AI looks very good. Haven't found any flaws with the yellow jersey-mechanics. Best part of the game.

I agree with these bits, especially regarding the sprint teams inability to chase down breakaways and their half hearted effort at the intermediate sprint. I would add to that with regard mountain points you should get a bit more effort from some interested in the polka dot at the top of the climbs to get the points.

I understand though that the quick tour option is going to skew the results a bit.
Hors-ligne

Patatrasse

Cyanide Team

Message09 Juil 2013, 13:28

Thanks for your suggestions. It will help us to focus on some issues we did not see.

About the teamcom, by holding X/Square, you can select all your teamates. Nonetheless, you can't make a selection "by group", as in TDF12.

About the achievements, that's right that's this year we did not focus on them as we did in the previous edition. This is mainly due to the integration of the objectives.
Hors-ligne

credible

• XBox 360 Gamertag: RuntherCredible

Message09 Juil 2013, 15:03

No problem, feels good to help out.

credible a écrit:You have to fix this in next years edition, as it is game-breaking that teams like Argos Shimano, Lotto Belisol and Omega-Quickstep just don't care that their main Tour objectives are sabotaged.

And as an illustration of my point, look who's relaying in front to catch the breakaway today :lol:
Hors-ligne

Mathias Frank

Message09 Juil 2013, 23:37

It would be nice for the next few years, if the game has more races.
The hole pro tour would be great (inkl pro tour ranking). But just paris-roubaix next year would be nice.
Missing p-r most in opposition with pc-version

And asi sad innother topic: this kind of race (simulation when ever you want, but play the hole stages) is great and it would be awesome with 1:2 time. This would make de mountainstages so much more realistic.
Than we need a faster simulating button
Hors-ligne

mikeeboy

• XBox 360 Gamertag: Mikeeboy

Message10 Juil 2013, 09:16

I think the 1:5 scale has been just about right. Climbing takes a decent amount of time and the time gaps have been decent if a little unrealisitic at times.

It's unfortunate that the sprint starts at 1.5 - 2 km out but that's just stretching the realism a little, it doesn't actually make any difference to the sprint. I think the new scale has worked well.
Hors-ligne

Mathias Frank

Message13 Juil 2013, 21:51

It would be nice if you can "chat" with your oponentsnin the same group.

Now its bad if two riders of same team are in front group the other riders dont cooperate.
Hors-ligne

Patatrasse

Cyanide Team

Message17 Juil 2013, 10:27

Mathias Frank a écrit:Now its bad if two riders of same team are in front group the other riders dont cooperate.

It depends on the size of the group. The smaller the group is, the less the opponents want to cooperate if they are outnumbered.
Hors-ligne

Carlos2santos

Message17 Juil 2013, 19:26

Hello, my suggestions for the TDF14 are:

* The first and foremost, to recover the simulation cycle and leave behind this game as arcade is the recovery of the exceptional scale 1/2, which possessed the above TDF11 and TDF12. It was the best feature of the game, the power to be climbing mountain passes for about 20/30 minutes of real time, the sprints were more realistic and not like now that are made more than 1km from the finish and also the timed stages where previously reflected very well with about 30 minutes of actual effort and now with the little time that last seem Stages Prologue. This large-scale half was offering the user the true hardness of cycling, which is what a cycling fan wants that makes you feel when you are playing the game of TDF. Insist must be the most important improvement to consider for next year, is a feature that to the game unique and unbeatable, because it brings the player into a very real cycling, unlike the case with this new scale 1/5, where it all happens so fast and you lose the essence of a real cycling cycling fanatics seek.

* As a second important point is the improved AI of teammates and opposing teams. It can not happen like this TDF13, where many end up leaking flat stages successfully, gives the feeling that teams like Omega, Lotto, Cannondale or Argos, which work with the aim of the Tour de France to fight for victory in this type of steps or to get points for the green jersey, not caring at all what happens in the race, and this detail makes the game very unrealistic.
Both regularity jersey like the mountain is struggled for the other teams and it's too easy to get, a clear proof is that I got the green jersey with an adventurer like Nico Sijmens (Cofidis) with several points ahead of Cavendish and Greipel.
Another flaw is the AI ​​of the companions, if you are driving do not seem boobies, some have enough energy to continue the attacks that happen on the mountain without any logical explanation slip through the group, losing several minutes, something inexplicable, this IA should be improved because there are moments in the race where you can not be in several places at once.
The clearest evidence that the AI ​​is too loose or bad, it clearly shows that some users on a tour of 21 stages, have been placed in the final general classification to its riders in the top three or much worse in the first six had put runners on the same team in the final classification.
These very unusual were happening in this TDF13 not with the great AI that had the TDF12.

* The earpiece, should be faster to use and without many failures as in TDF13, which does not keep the orders executed and teammates do what they want. It can not be you give an order and instantly appears on a blank, the minimum movement in the group orders are deleted. I give the example the climb to Mont Ventoux where you tube Jerome Coppel repeat nine times that followed the attacks, when I had enough energy to follow them so there is no logical reason for him not to. Also in reference to this theme earpiece, it should recover TDF12 the option of talking to the team car, to create alliances in the peloton or leakage, as well as to ask a fellow feelings give an order anter performed. Finally you should also have an option of ordering to fellow food they eat, either 1/2 or 2/2, because it is heavy you have to go one by one feeding them, also in mountain stages almost do not have time to do so.

* Another failure to be urgently correct this TDF is the peloton which donot see 198 riders, they appear and disappear as you move into the peloton.

* Another improvement would be the one he had TDF12, where climbing the mountain passes you chased fans with flags and other disguised, was an experience more real and nice to play in this TDF13 followers are very cold and did not make this kind of thing.

* I'd also like to invite praise while continuity next year the large declines that have been achieved in this new game, are really spectacular and real in all aspects, like the behavior of the cyclist on the bike is much better than previous releases, in my opinion the best feature of the game this year and that should continue in the next issues. It should correct the difference you get too much time to other cyclists down, but again are sublime in all aspects.

* Other improvements that could introduce facing the next year are already several users have requested since the appearance of the game for consoles, jerseys national and world champions, Uncertainty in meteorology there may be some rain and later stages cars, motorcycles and helicopter or even just the sound of the latter, all these details would improve enormously the experience in the game

PS: Thank you for listening to our suggestions and to continue working on the game.
Hors-ligne

Layo

Message17 Juil 2013, 21:14

Carlos2santos a écrit:Hello, my suggestions for the TDF14 are:

* The first and foremost, to recover the simulation cycle and leave behind this game as arcade is the recovery of the exceptional scale 1/2, which possessed the above TDF11 and TDF12. It was the best feature of the game, the power to be climbing mountain passes for about 20/30 minutes of real time, the sprints were more realistic and not like now that are made more than 1km from the finish and also the timed stages where previously reflected very well with about 30 minutes of actual effort and now with the little time that last seem Stages Prologue. This large-scale half was offering the user the true hardness of cycling, which is what a cycling fan wants that makes you feel when you are playing the game of TDF. Insist must be the most important improvement to consider for next year, is a feature that to the game unique and unbeatable, because it brings the player into a very real cycling, unlike the case with this new scale 1/5, where it all happens so fast and you lose the essence of a real cycling cycling fanatics seek.

* As a second important point is the improved AI of teammates and opposing teams. It can not happen like this TDF13, where many end up leaking flat stages successfully, gives the feeling that teams like Omega, Lotto, Cannondale or Argos, which work with the aim of the Tour de France to fight for victory in this type of steps or to get points for the green jersey, not caring at all what happens in the race, and this detail makes the game very unrealistic.
Both regularity jersey like the mountain is struggled for the other teams and it's too easy to get, a clear proof is that I got the green jersey with an adventurer like Nico Sijmens (Cofidis) with several points ahead of Cavendish and Greipel.
Another flaw is the AI ​​of the companions, if you are driving do not seem boobies, some have enough energy to continue the attacks that happen on the mountain without any logical explanation slip through the group, losing several minutes, something inexplicable, this IA should be improved because there are moments in the race where you can not be in several places at once.
The clearest evidence that the AI ​​is too loose or bad, it clearly shows that some users on a tour of 21 stages, have been placed in the final general classification to its riders in the top three or much worse in the first six had put runners on the same team in the final classification.
These very unusual were happening in this TDF13 not with the great AI that had the TDF12.

* The earpiece, should be faster to use and without many failures as in TDF13, which does not keep the orders executed and teammates do what they want. It can not be you give an order and instantly appears on a blank, the minimum movement in the group orders are deleted. I give the example the climb to Mont Ventoux where you tube Jerome Coppel repeat nine times that followed the attacks, when I had enough energy to follow them so there is no logical reason for him not to. Also in reference to this theme earpiece, it should recover TDF12 the option of talking to the team car, to create alliances in the peloton or leakage, as well as to ask a fellow feelings give an order anter performed. Finally you should also have an option of ordering to fellow food they eat, either 1/2 or 2/2, because it is heavy you have to go one by one feeding them, also in mountain stages almost do not have time to do so.

* Another failure to be urgently correct this TDF is the peloton which donot see 198 riders, they appear and disappear as you move into the peloton.

* Another improvement would be the one he had TDF12, where climbing the mountain passes you chased fans with flags and other disguised, was an experience more real and nice to play in this TDF13 followers are very cold and did not make this kind of thing.

* I'd also like to invite praise while continuity next year the large declines that have been achieved in this new game, are really spectacular and real in all aspects, like the behavior of the cyclist on the bike is much better than previous releases, in my opinion the best feature of the game this year and that should continue in the next issues. It should correct the difference you get too much time to other cyclists down, but again are sublime in all aspects.

* Other improvements that could introduce facing the next year are already several users have requested since the appearance of the game for consoles, jerseys national and world champions, Uncertainty in meteorology there may be some rain and later stages cars, motorcycles and helicopter or even just the sound of the latter, all these details would improve enormously the experience in the game

PS: Thank you for listening to our suggestions and to continue working on the game.

I TOTALLY AGREE, with the Carlos2Santos feedback ...!

It is a GREAT and Very Complete Feedback...!!!
Dernière édition par Layo le 18 Juil 2013, 11:15, édité 1 fois au total.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKdmpc_mDX0
Suivant

Retour vers [Tour de France] Forum Général / General Forum