Improvements for TdF'14

Modérateurs: Cyanide Team, Console Staff

• Auteur

kady

• Pseudo GameCenter: kady
  • XBox 360 Gamertag: mateimarcelus

Re: Improvements for TdF'14

Message17 Juil 2013, 21:22

add classics season(1 day races like:tour de flandre,roubaix,milan-sanremo,amstel,liege,fleche wallone)
optional licensing classics season
keep splitscreen
change AI in more agressive relays
start a train button
Hors-ligne

credible

• XBox 360 Gamertag: RuntherCredible

Message17 Juil 2013, 22:23

Brilliant, Carlos! Absolutely brilliant feedback. I very much share your thoughts on the race length. The long climbs were you just grinded down your opponents for 15-20 minutes before releasing the attacks were the best moments of TdF'11 and TdF'12. That aspect's not there any more this time around.

Kady: I don't really agree they should put more races into the game. That can be done in DLC's, and by doing so even get Cyanide some much earned extra $$. I think pretty much all their attention should be on game mechanics and graphics. The antimations are great now, but in addition to the game mechanics changes mentioned in this thread, I would like to see some skin variation in the riders, better enviromental models and textures and some much needed crowds :)
Hors-ligne

kikelex

• Pseudo GameCenter: kikon1986

Message18 Juil 2013, 10:24

I agree with most of the comments made here. I want to propose:
- Add the championships in the world where you could select a country and choose brokers who want to run.
- Add the classic making a ranking for the world cup.
- Select between various scales: 1/2, 1/3, 1/5 ...
- Can give stations while several runners.
- Be able to make alliances with other riders or teams.
- Keep 2 players offline mode and add 2 or more players online but do not work well as worked in 2012.

Thank you for your time.
Hors-ligne

Layo

Message18 Juil 2013, 12:57

Layo a écrit:
Carlos2santos a écrit:Hello, my suggestions for the TDF14 are:

* The first and foremost, to recover the simulation cycle and leave behind this game as arcade is the recovery of the exceptional scale 1/2, which possessed the above TDF11 and TDF12. It was the best feature of the game, the power to be climbing mountain passes for about 20/30 minutes of real time, the sprints were more realistic and not like now that are made more than 1km from the finish and also the timed stages where previously reflected very well with about 30 minutes of actual effort and now with the little time that last seem Stages Prologue. This large-scale half was offering the user the true hardness of cycling, which is what a cycling fan wants that makes you feel when you are playing the game of TDF. Insist must be the most important improvement to consider for next year, is a feature that to the game unique and unbeatable, because it brings the player into a very real cycling, unlike the case with this new scale 1/5, where it all happens so fast and you lose the essence of a real cycling cycling fanatics seek.

* As a second important point is the improved AI of teammates and opposing teams. It can not happen like this TDF13, where many end up leaking flat stages successfully, gives the feeling that teams like Omega, Lotto, Cannondale or Argos, which work with the aim of the Tour de France to fight for victory in this type of steps or to get points for the green jersey, not caring at all what happens in the race, and this detail makes the game very unrealistic.
Both regularity jersey like the mountain is struggled for the other teams and it's too easy to get, a clear proof is that I got the green jersey with an adventurer like Nico Sijmens (Cofidis) with several points ahead of Cavendish and Greipel.
Another flaw is the AI ​​of the companions, if you are driving do not seem boobies, some have enough energy to continue the attacks that happen on the mountain without any logical explanation slip through the group, losing several minutes, something inexplicable, this IA should be improved because there are moments in the race where you can not be in several places at once.
The clearest evidence that the AI ​​is too loose or bad, it clearly shows that some users on a tour of 21 stages, have been placed in the final general classification to its riders in the top three or much worse in the first six had put runners on the same team in the final classification.
These very unusual were happening in this TDF13 not with the great AI that had the TDF12.

* The earpiece, should be faster to use and without many failures as in TDF13, which does not keep the orders executed and teammates do what they want. It can not be you give an order and instantly appears on a blank, the minimum movement in the group orders are deleted. I give the example the climb to Mont Ventoux where you tube Jerome Coppel repeat nine times that followed the attacks, when I had enough energy to follow them so there is no logical reason for him not to. Also in reference to this theme earpiece, it should recover TDF12 the option of talking to the team car, to create alliances in the peloton or leakage, as well as to ask a fellow feelings give an order anter performed. Finally you should also have an option of ordering to fellow food they eat, either 1/2 or 2/2, because it is heavy you have to go one by one feeding them, also in mountain stages almost do not have time to do so.

* Another failure to be urgently correct this TDF is the peloton which donot see 198 riders, they appear and disappear as you move into the peloton.

* Another improvement would be the one he had TDF12, where climbing the mountain passes you chased fans with flags and other disguised, was an experience more real and nice to play in this TDF13 followers are very cold and did not make this kind of thing.

* I'd also like to invite praise while continuity next year the large declines that have been achieved in this new game, are really spectacular and real in all aspects, like the behavior of the cyclist on the bike is much better than previous releases, in my opinion the best feature of the game this year and that should continue in the next issues. It should correct the difference you get too much time to other cyclists down, but again are sublime in all aspects.

* Other improvements that could introduce facing the next year are already several users have requested since the appearance of the game for consoles, jerseys national and world champions, Uncertainty in meteorology there may be some rain and later stages cars, motorcycles and helicopter or even just the sound of the latter, all these details would improve enormously the experience in the game

PS: Thank you for listening to our suggestions and to continue working on the game.

I TOTALLY AGREE, with the Carlos2Santos feedback ...!

It is a GREAT and Very Complete Feedback...!!!

I would add the following suggestions:

. Add the second Camera in "first person", ("on board", "action camera"), to more speed sansation

. Long hair to some caracteristic riders, (Cancellara, Betancourt, Uran, Chavanel, Dani Moreno, Karpets, Andy...)

. Original helmet for each Team...

. Speed the ​​actual extremely slow simulated sections, and after crossing the META, until it reaches the last rider, (x4, x8)

. Eliminate the cyclists arriving Out Of Control, during our Tours ...

. The return of the "B.P.M" or "% effort", to measure the pace to follow, each riders...

. Add number of "Dorsal"

. Mode "My Player"

. Online mode, similar to the great split screen of the TDF2013 ...

. Complete Statistics our Tours played, and to compare them with statistics from other users

. Trophies / Achievements more elaborate, similar to those included in TDF2011, TDF2012 and good "OBJECTIVES" TDF2013 implemented ...)

. DLC's with at least 10 TROPHIES / ACHIEVEMENTS, (if you want to really attract buyers ...)

THANKS for Your EFFORT ...!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKdmpc_mDX0
Hors-ligne

cfroome

Message18 Juil 2013, 14:45

Hello!
-In next year's game i would like to have:
-A mode called "My player".In this mode you might create your own cyclist an participate in different races:Dauphine-Libere, Criterium Internacional,Paris-Nice... Start with a not very good cyclist, participating in Paris-Nice... and as you progress, joining other teams and participate in the Tour.
-Change the 1/5 scale to a 1/4 or 1/2 but if you could accelerate the race (x2,x4,x8...).
-1VS1 offline mode and 2 or more players online.
-Try to incluide at least all of ASO races (Paris-Robaix,Paris-nice...)
-And if you put the mode "my player" it would be nice to have a online and compite with other people's cyclist's with your own cyclist
Thanks! and try to improve this great videogame!
Hors-ligne

Carlos2santos

Message18 Juil 2013, 18:14

Hello

To say that I fully support user suggestions Layo, Kikelex, CFroome and Credible TDF14 facing and thank you for your support my suggestions too. This does indicate that users cycling enthusiasts are going in the same direction, which is to find a cycling simulator that brings us closer as much as possible to the experiences we live our idols on the bike, as it reflected very well the TDF12.
My opinion is that the best features of TDF12 (Scale 1/2, IA riders / teams great, earpiece fast to use, with good performance and more options), combined with the best features of TDF13 (Drops excellent, excellent rider control, better graphics and sound, plus more varied and detailed landscapes), we would obtain a grand cycling game. Also adding some of the suggested improvements.

Also I would like to make two suggestions more:

* An online mode where you can play 2/4 players at least, and that they can play a full tour versus mode is really TDF12 online mode was very poor in options, so that did not enhance users to use surely if it had more options striking game, the response would have been different users.

* The other proposal I want to make is regarding the road, this well done in this TDF13, but yet in the mountain passes should change in some areas, the road should change its state with a different type of asphalt and more defective as happens in reality and the same road width should also vary tapering in some areas, again both changes should affect some areas of some mountain passes, this variation would improve the gaming experience.

Regards and thanks again for working to improve the game
Dernière édition par Carlos2santos le 19 Juil 2013, 17:08, édité 1 fois au total.
Hors-ligne

kikelex

• Pseudo GameCenter: kikon1986

Message19 Juil 2013, 08:16

I think it is important to increase the speed of the stage when you simulate and to give orders in the section simulated
Hors-ligne

Layo

Message19 Juil 2013, 12:57

I think that is VERY UNFAIR that Cyanide valued equally, that we win the Tour with Alberto Contador or Froome that win it with Tony Martin or Coppel, (for example ...)

Is much more difficult to win the Tour, with cyclists of intermediate or difficult level, and yet do not understand, why in all cases, worth 450,000€ win the Tour ...

Is much easier to accumulate for a Full Tour 1.000.000€ profit with SKY, that with Omega Pharma or Saur, (for example)

Cyanide Please, fix the revenue sharing in relation to the level of each rider and each team ... please ...!

Thus, many users, try to win the Tour with low-level riders, knowing that the reward will be greater, being useful for lead the ranking Leaderboards... with other teams, other than SKY ...

These gains, (PX), should serve us, to unlock other races such as Paris Nice (20.000.000 PX), Criterium International (30.000.000 PX), etc.. REWARDING well, the faithful and TDF hardcore gamers and other users "casual", pay to acquire these DLC's, if you want to play these races ...

I think it would be a good way to Reward the Faithful users, and "punish" at "casual users"

Thank you ...!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKdmpc_mDX0
Hors-ligne

Carlos2santos

Message19 Juil 2013, 17:29

The user Layo is right, does not have the same merit winning a Tour with Sky or Saxo to do with a lesser team like Cofidis or Omega level. The reward of points should be different since the merit of having succeeded with Tony Martin or Coppel involves very many more difficulty, so that should be valued in a more fair.

Another proposal that I would like for the game, it is the voices of the team manager should also put them in Spanish, and that sometimes you have to watch the screen and you can not look away to see the subtitles and you can not know you are saying, I put as example descents. The fondness for the game in Spain is quite large, so I think we deserve to apply this improvement in the game.

Thank you very much
Hors-ligne

Carlos2santos

Message20 Juil 2013, 15:19

I will make a new proposal and this refers to the implementation of more sounds in the ambience of the race. This year TDF13 the sounds are very good change of course, wind, breathing of the cyclist or bicycle brakes and others. But nevertheless missing at fault characteristic sounds very typical in a cycling race such as the sound of the helicopter, car horns or sirens traffic police for example.
Here is a video of demonstration, would have to be changed possibly sound levels so that they were not as stellar as the other sounds in this video, would have to find the balance between all the sounds, plus do some more spaced followed as not to so repetitive not result to the user. It is a demonstration done very fast and very improved, made ​​just to show how they could be these new sounds in a race and thus offering greater realism of ambience to the game, you would know better than anyone else find the exact way that these new sounds were introduced in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEP9tj4ydKs

A greeting and thanks for continuing to work on improving the game
PrécédentSuivant

Retour vers [Tour de France] Forum Général / General Forum