Teamcom feedbacks

Modérateurs: Cyanide Team, Console Staff

• Auteur

Patatrasse

Cyanide Team

Teamcom feedbacks

Message09 Juil 2013, 14:56

Bonjour à tous !

Pour tous ceux qui ont joué à TDF 12 et à TDF 13, vous avez pu constater que la teamcom (ou menu oreillette) a été complètement modifiée. Nous avons effectué ces changements car nous n'étions pas satisfait de son fonctionnement en 2012 : pas assez claire, navigation peu pratique (nombreuses manipulations pour atteindre l'ordre souhaité). Bien qu'améliorable, la teamcom de TDF 13 nous semble plus claire et plus efficace.

Cependant, elle ne semble pas aussi satisfaisante qu'espérée. Si certains problèmes sont bien identifiés (impossibilité de sélectionner les coureurs "par groupe" par exemple), d'autres sont en revanche plus flous. C'est pourquoi nous vous invitons à exprimer votre ressenti sur la teamcom 2013 dans ce sujet pour corriger les problèmes qui vous gênent le plus.

-est-ce un problème de navigation?
-est-ce un manque d'ordres ?
-est-ce un manque de réactivité des équipiers ?
-est-ce un manque de clarté ?
-autre chose ?

Nous vous invitons à répondre de manière structurée (que ce soit négativement ou positivement) pour améliorer cet élément essentiel du jeu.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello everybody !

For those who have played TDF 13 and TDF13, you have seen that we completely changed the teamcom. We modified it because we were not satisfied with the way it work in 2012 : not clear enough, bad ergonomy (many manipulations to give an order). Even if TDF13's teamcom can be improved, we thought it was clearer and more efficient than in TDF12.

However, it does not seem as satisfying as we hope. If some problems are known (impossibility to select riders "by groups), others are more difficult to point out. That's why we invite you to give feedbacks in this thread to fix the issues that bother you the most.

-Is it a problem of ergonomy?
-Is this a lack of orders?
-Are teamates not responsive enough?
-Is there a lack of clarity?
-Something else?

We invite you to answer in an organised manner (positively or negatively) to improve the essential feature of the game.
Hors-ligne

credible

• XBox 360 Gamertag: RuntherCredible

Re: Teamcom feedbacks

Message09 Juil 2013, 15:25

1) It feels weird to navigate the menu with X/Y/A/B. What I intuitively want to use in the teamcom-menu is the left and right stick. The left stick to chose "Attack", "Relay", "Finish at a stroll" etc, and the right stick to flip through the different alternatives under each option, f.ex "Fast relay", "Very fast relay" "Fastest relay", "Disrupt relays". At the moment there's too many buttons to keep track off. Use the sticks for navigating, the A button for choosing and the B button for going back.

2) There should be an easier way to give group commands instead of picking them out individually. There's several ways of doing this. One way is by position in the race (E1, P, A1), another way is by letting the player assign groups before the raceday starts. I also miss a "Command All"-button.

3) Too often I feel that the commands to nothing. The "Protect me"-option worked far better in TdF'12 where they actually adapted to your speed and covered you from the wind. This year they are basically just in your way. Not keeping up with your speed and blocking your path. The same goes for the "Move me forward"-command. They move you forward so agonisingly slow that it's just not worth the hassle instead of just using the effort to get up there. The relay-option appears to work great, but I haven't gotten the sprint train to work this time around, it's hard to tell as a sprinter which wheel to follow, and how many men to use to launch the sprint.

4) The actions could be named more intuitively. F.ex attack could be called "try to create a breakaway", follow attacks could be called "try to join a breakaway". Finish as a stroll could be called "Save energy".
Hors-ligne

mikeeboy

• XBox 360 Gamertag: Mikeeboy

Message09 Juil 2013, 17:11

Grouping by position (P, E1 etc ) is a good idea although there does get to be a lot of groups sometimes. Maybe you would only scroll through the groups that any of your riders are in. Also a single button to choose all riders in your group.

I would like a single button to Start sprint train. Then the game would automatically choose the most suitable teammates who are available.

I'd like to have more options on the follow attacks button. Like follow Yellow Jersey, follow polka dot jersey.
Hors-ligne

Layo

Message10 Juil 2013, 00:01

THIS IS MY OPINION ABOUT THE VERY SLOW TEAM COMM, viewtopic.php?f=224&t=14986

THE TDF2012 TEAM COMM, is faster and easy to use, than this horrible 2013 TEAM COMM, (watch vídeo...) :-(

Thanks for your effort...! ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKdmpc_mDX0
Hors-ligne

credible

• XBox 360 Gamertag: RuntherCredible

Message10 Juil 2013, 10:57

Oh, and another thing. Sometimes when you ask riders in the back of the peloton to do certain orders they complain that "I'm badly placed" or "I can't, I'm out of position". I don't really care, do I? Just get in position and do as you're told.
Hors-ligne

kady

• Pseudo GameCenter: kady
  • XBox 360 Gamertag: mateimarcelus

Message10 Juil 2013, 11:08

you maded more dificult to give orders on tdf 2013

my vision about next tdf,how should look teamcom and what buttons should be used
next tdf game need 2 buttons like : make a sprint train and all teammates relay
difference betwween them.make a sprint will go directly verry fast.all teammates relay you have avaible an effort bar 10----100
make a sprint button should be avaible on last 30-25 km
make a sprint train and all teammates relay should be in main teamcom along with 8 riders(minus rider that you have selected)
main teamcom should be on left and of course to have some transparent portions(like tdf 2013 teamcom has)
the orders should appear in a secondary list
and the particularity of a order should appear in a third list
i know that will cover lot of screen,but when you are selecting teamcom,should be like tdf 2013,your rider goes on auto,so doesn't loose speed,places

teamcom buttons
L stick up and down-navigate in teamcom
A(xbox360) or X(ps3)-select/confirm(by pressing A on gilbert in main teamcom,then you will be in second list where give an order...)
B(xbox) or O(ps3)-exit teamcom(directly exit or exit from list to list)
L stick right and left- change efort bar for all teammates relay and a rider or riders that are relaying

race buttons
Y-teamcom
A- sprint
B-brake
X-choose a food
RT- keep same pace
LT-change gear
RB- auto/take a wheel and keep it
LB-???

contador in breakaway
main teamcom left,second in center of image which are orders,third on right image are particularity of that order
verry simple to select a rider and protecting another.no dificulties wth oblique positions
forgot about cancel relay button which should be under relay

hushovd for massive sprint
press teamcom button,select make a train sprint,select automatic(teammates around you or who can come faster to make a train) or select custom(list of teammates avaible)
at custom will appear a list avaible(usually all riders) and select them in order.first selection will be first engine of your train,second selection will second guy,third will third in train,fourth will be a your "renshaw engine" that will help you on last 2km(if scale 1:5 remains) and 5th your best sprinter
make a sprint button should be avaible on last 30-25 km because will take some time to come a custom sprint train in front
Hors-ligne

Layo

Message10 Juil 2013, 13:19

Estoy de acuerdo con lo que propone el usuario KADY...! ;)

Lo que sí debéis solucionar, es que el team comm, sea más
rápido e intuitivo... y que obedezca y conserve las órdenes,
aunque los ciclistas estén mal situados en el
pelotón y tarden en remontar posiciones, para complir la orden...

Tampoco es lógico, que para pedir que
"estorben" o que "permanezcan en el grupo", haya que dar
muchas pulsaciones de botón, hasta llegar a esa
órden... (imaginate, cuando te pasas de
largo, por las prisas de la carrera... xxxD)

Todas las órdenes, deberían estar a la vista,
(acceso directo a ellas...), almenos las más
usadas...

¿ Para qué queremos "guardar energías",
en primer plano, y por ejemplo, estorbar o dar
relevos al máximo, las tenemos que buscar...
xxxD

Tampoco me gusta nada el rosco circular, usando el stick en círculos...
Veo más "intuitivo", una lista personalizada
vertical, donde desplazarnos de arriba abajo, o
de abajo hacia arriba...(como en TDF2012)

Faltan órdenes de coche, alianzas, pedir sensaciones,
etc. y vería muy interesante, poder seleccionar
el avituallamiento 1 de 2 o 2 de 2, y dar la órden a todos,
(o a los que seleccione), para que ellos se lo tomen cuando yo se lo ordene...

Es muy mejorable el team comm, la verdad...

GRACIAS por el Esfuerzo...!

ENGLISH:
I believe that you must solve, is that the team comm, more
fast and intuitive ... and to obey and keep the orders,
although cyclists are poorly positioned in the
group and take time to recover positions to fulfill the order ...

It is not logical to ask that
"hinder" or "remain in the group," we have to give
many button presses, up to that order we need them quickly ... (imagine, when you go over
long because of the rush of the race ... :( )

All orders should be visible,
(direct access to them ...), at least the most
used ...

Why do we "save energy"
in the foreground, and for example, hinder or make
relay to the fullest, we have them to search ...
:(

I don´t like the donut circle, using the left stick pad in circles ...
I see more "intuitive", a custom list
vertically, which move up and down, or
down to up ... (as in TDF2012)

Missing car orders, alliances, asking sensations,
etc. and i think would be very interesting, to select
the provisioning 1/2 or 2/2, and give the order to all,
(or you select riders), for them to eat, when I was ordered to them ...

THANK YOU for the effort ...!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKdmpc_mDX0
Hors-ligne

Carlos2santos

Message10 Juil 2013, 16:12

I totally agree with the proposals to improve the user about the earpiece Layo.

It has to be faster to use and recover TDF12 options like being able to talk to the team car to create alliances in the peloton or flight, plus you can ask a fellow feelings before giving a command to be executed, has no relay sense to send at a high rate if the partner is melted.

Also this fellow TDF13 orders do not keep well, especially to protect and on several occasions both in this order as in others, rein back on automatically, when you do something you had ordered.

Another thing to fix is ​​to order your teammates to them to eat a certain food or both, without having to do a first-person selecting the broker, because it is heavy having to go one by one and also in stages much action do not have time to feed them all because you have to be doing other more important things you can not give much but would affect the final outcome of the race.

Another thing I would like to take this opportunity to comment and that has nothing to do with the earpiece, is the plantearles the possibility that there will be a forum for users can positively or negatively evaluate scaling TDF this year, and you watching the user reviews can rethink facing the next edition, the return of the exceptional scale 1/2 half that had the previous years and which made him a huge cycling simulator.

Thank you very much for trying to improve and greetings
Hors-ligne

Patatrasse

Cyanide Team

Message17 Juil 2013, 11:22

Thank you for your answers and the time you spend on your suggestions. This will help us to improve the teamcom.

At the moment, we are considering 3 main ways to improve the teamcom:

-Selection by group to avoid selecting again and again your rider (as an example, selecting all the rider in E1)
-Possibility to pause the race while in teamcom to have time to give orders
-Improving the way the rider move in the peloton because that's why they have difficulties to do what you tell

Of course, we are thinking about that. I don't promise that it will be in TDF14. There are other improvments and features that are in competition with teamcom. ;)
Hors-ligne

Patatrasse

Cyanide Team

Message17 Juil 2013, 13:35

Carlos2santos a écrit:Another thing I would like to take this opportunity to comment and that has nothing to do with the earpiece, is the plantearles the possibility that there will be a forum for users can positively or negatively evaluate scaling TDF this year, and you watching the user reviews can rethink facing the next edition, the return of the exceptional scale 1/2 half that had the previous years and which made him a huge cycling simulator.

The scale is something that we won't change. We think we have find the good balance between feelings/time/production.

We are aware of what we lost by deciding to change the scale but it worth it. 1/2 does not allow us to create 21 full stages with the amount of time available between the route is annouced and the game is launched. That's why there was section in previous TDF.

But I agree with you that 1/2 scale was providing exceptionnal feelings during climbs.

Layo a écrit:Missing car orders, alliances, asking sensations,

Asking sensation is pointless now since you see the energy bars of your teamares. In TDF12, the answer was just depending on the levels of energy.
Alliances have been deleted because we were not satisfied enough with it. Alliances is something very complex and only having alliances when being in front of the race with only one opponent was a too "narrow" view of what is an alliance in cycling.
Then other car orders such as gaps and rankings are available through the D-pad, so in the end, except for the alliances, everything in still there.
Suivant

Retour vers [Tour de France] Forum Général / General Forum