http://www.playstationforum.dk/tour-de-france-2016
Watch my Livestream with TDF 2016 giveaway this July
http://www.youtube.com/Nistelroy78
Hors-ligne

mikeeboy

• XBox 360 Gamertag: Mikeeboy

Re: Review : TDF 2014 -

Message26 Juin 2014, 17:18

I haven't played Pro Mode yet, obviously there seems to be a few bugs in this new area, but I have to say, playing with the Pro teams, I think the racing gameplay now for each stage is fantastic.

The AI really has been improved. Flat stages are much improved, intermediate sprints now interest the sprinters and sprinting teams really chase down breakaways and ramp up the speed at the end of a stage.

Hilly stages were already very good, it's great to see the GC contenders coming to the fore on mountain top finishes. If I have one criticism, I'd like to see riders make more of an effort for KOM points. If you're on a breakaway, it's way too easy to collect the maximum points available.

Playing at 1/5 scale is perfect for me. It's great fun riding some stages when going solo, but I can still fast forward when I need to. When it's hilly you can really see when the incline steepens. The only issue is that we have to start sprinting further out than they would in real life but that's a small concession to make. The game seems much more difficult too overall with the split feed making a big difference.

I love the attention to detail. You see the riders where you expect to see them and I like the addition of the commentator giving info on each rider (Would be great if we had a recognised English commentator ;)). The animations are great. The flick of the elbow during relays. Riders having a stretch. Riders speaking into the mic and a rider with a puncture stopped and turned with his hand in the air. Riders falling on steep downhill ascents.

It's taken a few years to get it right, but I'm loving it.

The introduction of the PRO Mode is a good direction to take it, but obviously needs a lot more work. I'd love to see the Vuelta and Giro added as well as a load of the other races which would make this mode even better. I guess this is a lot of work in the graphics department though. Not sure how PCM copes with it?

Maybe with the next gen machines it will be possible, as well as adding to the attention to detail. Maybe motorbikes and team cars? lol
Hors-ligne

Layo

Message26 Juin 2014, 18:23

mikeeboy a écrit:
Playing at 1/5 scale is perfect for me.

:roll:

You're kidding, right?

The 1/5 Scale is by far, the worst in this game and the main point that should be corrected urgently the Cyanide guys...

Those who buy a game, we want REALISM, and good sensations... but 1/5 scale does not transmit realism ... For this problem, many users not pay 50€ for other "Motor-cycling 2014..."

Believe me that if you like cycling and realistic games, (as NBA2k, TOP SPIN, FIGHT NIGHT CHAMPIONS, etc.etc. ), you prefer a 1/4 SCALE more REALISTIC... for can giving orders and plan strategy "more quietly" (with Team Comm), the last kilometers of each stage... And THE MOST IMPORTANT, have better feelings of CYCLING... This is SURE...! ;-)

GREETINGS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKdmpc_mDX0
Hors-ligne

mikeeboy

• XBox 360 Gamertag: Mikeeboy

Message26 Juin 2014, 20:27

Layo a écrit:
mikeeboy a écrit:

You're kidding, right?

The 1/5 Scale is by far, the worst in this game and the main point that should be corrected urgently the Cyanide guys...

Those who buy a game, we want REALISM, and good sensations... but 1/5 scale does not transmit realism ... For this problem, many users not pay 50€ for other "Motor-cycling 2014..."

Believe me that if you like cycling and realistic games, (as NBA2k, TOP SPIN, FIGHT NIGHT CHAMPIONS, etc.etc. ), you prefer a 1/4 SCALE more REALISTIC... for can giving orders and plan strategy "more quietly" (with Team Comm), the last kilometers of each stage... And THE MOST IMPORTANT, have better feelings of CYCLING... This is SURE...! ;-)

GREETINGS!

:roll: Not kidding no. I've read plenty of your (and a few others) posts on this subject, the Motor-Cycling rubbish, and I 100% disagree. I am not a cyclist, but I do watch a lot of Pro cycling on TV. I am not a footballer, but I watch a lot of football on TV
When I play a game of FIFA, for realism, it needs to look like it does on TV, but you don't play 90 minutes. You play 10 mins each way and it produces a realistic game and a realistic scoreline. You play for just under 1/5th of the time of a real game.

When I play a cycling game, it needs to play out like it does on TV. Cavendish and co need to be fighting out a sprint, Contador and co fighting it out in the mountains. There need to be breakaways, sometimes they win, sometimes they don't and realistic time gaps. The game does all of this.

You can't recreate the feelings of a real cyclist because it is totally physical. If you ride a full stage from start to finish, I haven't timed it but I think it takes 30 minutes or more. As a video game do you think it should take longer than that for 1 stage?

Sure, things start happening a little quickly towards the end of a flat stage but nothing that can't be handled. Ideally I'd like to see the game paused when the Team Comm is up.

The AI is spot on now for this scale and is obviously a scale they can handle graphically and I hope they stick with it. When the game was 1/2 ..... it got boring very quickly.
I can see myself playing this game for a long time.
Hors-ligne

Layo

Message26 Juin 2014, 21:39

mikeeboy a écrit:
Layo a écrit:
mikeeboy a écrit:

You're kidding, right?

GREETINGS!

:roll: Not kidding no. I've read plenty of your (and a few others) posts on this subject, the Motor-Cycling rubbish, and I 100% disagree. I am not a cyclist, but I do watch a lot of Pro cycling on TV. I am not a footballer, but I watch a lot of football on TV
When I play a game of FIFA, for realism, it needs to look like it does on TV, but you don't play 90 minutes. You play 10 mins each way and it produces a realistic game and a realistic scoreline. You play for just under 1/5th of the time of a real game.

When I play a cycling game, it needs to play out like it does on TV. Cavendish and co need to be fighting out a sprint, Contador and co fighting it out in the mountains. There need to be breakaways, sometimes they win, sometimes they don't and realistic time gaps. The game does all of this.

You can't recreate the feelings of a real cyclist because it is totally physical. If you ride a full stage from start to finish, I haven't timed it but I think it takes 30 minutes or more. As a video game do you think it should take longer than that for 1 stage?

Sure, things start happening a little quickly towards the end of a flat stage but nothing that can't be handled. Ideally I'd like to see the game paused when the Team Comm is up.

The AI is spot on now for this scale and is obviously a scale they can handle graphically and I hope they stick with it. When the game was 1/2 ..... it got boring very quickly.
I can see myself playing this game for a long time.

I respect your opinion, but I think you're mixing things that have nothing to do with what I'm saying ...

Of course a game of Fifa or PES should not be extended "90 real minutes", but what we claim is that this footbal game has a real and leisurely pace, similar to real football... We do not want an unreal , accelerated and crazy football as Fifa Street... ("1/5 equivalent scale feeling")
Do you Know what I try to explain ...?
I did not want complete stages in 1/2 scale because it would be long and boring for many users ... But I see very necessary to reduce the scale to 1/4, to find a similar feeling CYCLING ... and forget these two years of Motor-cycling ...

I am sure that with the 1/4 scale would all players be happy in all aspects ... And playable stages lengthen only less than 10 minutes ...
If we short time to play, we press START button, saved game, and ended up at another time ... just as we do when we play Uncharted, The Last of Us, etc ... I do not see what the problem is ... :-?

I know perfectly that many fans, would pay the € 50 every year very happyly... (if Cyanide improved the AI, and they work in 1/4 scale and updates, etc ... of course ...)

GREETINGS! ;-)
Hors-ligne

chavajimenez

Message26 Juin 2014, 22:18

the scale 1:2 is the best, tour 2011 and 2012 are most realist and best i.a, tour 2013 is bad tour ever....in the tour 2015 i prefer scale 1:2 , 1:3,....and very good dificult and i.a realist, and incluyed giro and vuelta.
Hors-ligne

cfroome

Message26 Juin 2014, 23:28

I agree with Layo and Chavajimenez. 1/4 or 1/3 scale will be perfect in this great videogame of cycling. I don't like the feelings that i have when i'm climbing for example the "Planche des belles filles" mountaine, it's very fast and you can't enjoy.

This game with 1/4 scale. more races (Giro, Vuelta...), meteorological changes and a mode where you could create your own cyclist... will be perfect
Hors-ligne

parrini

Message27 Juin 2014, 00:14

Hello!! My english is not good, but the occasion worth it.
I like the scale like tdf 2012, you play a ITT in 30 or 40 minutes. A stage final in Peyragudes in 30 minutes, you can view the details of the road, and feel the suffering of the cyclist...
In tdf 2013 and 2014 it takes you 10 minutes in a mountain stage...
Maybe for a people the scale 1:2 is boring, but the 1:5 it's very faster... and not mention the 1:10 of pcm...

This game is a SIMULATOR no a ARCADE or a CASUAL game...
Hors-ligne

milu2k7

Message27 Juin 2014, 10:00

Scale 1/2 or 1/3 PLEASE !!!!!!!!! 1/5 is very fast.
Hors-ligne

Layo

Message27 Juin 2014, 17:47

I agree ... The 1/4 scale would best playable feelings ... The players that who like the 1/5 scale, will like also the 1/4 scale, because not notice big differences ... and those who we like the scale 1/2, greatly appreciate the reduced scale of 1/5 to 1/4, as it will give more realism to the gameplay... (Best CYCLING feelings... and reduce de motorcycling feelings...)

All users benefit of 1/4 scale ...!

Furthermore, Cyanide has never respected the actual mileage of the real Tour in his game ... so there will be no problems in adapting the "mileage" to new 1/4 scale ...

On the other hand, I think it is not necessary to pay a license of the Tour of Italy and Tour of Spain, for include in the game (DLC)
Cynide could invent the tour, and call them "Tour of Italy" and "Tour de Spain", so that the game won in variety and depth scenarios etc... (as NBA2k includes EUROLIGA in his NBA game without need change in the game title...) Its simple and easy...

So does this game Tour de France, which are paying for a license, and yet the mileage is unreal, the names of many cyclist and teams (eg BMC) are fictional, all riders are clones, helmets, faces, hairs, etc.etc ... So the license is no excuse to get new Tours "similar to Real" by DLCs to lengthen the life of this basic and limited game ... :roll:

GREETINGS!
Suivant

Retour vers [Tour de France] Forum Général / General Forum