Nous sommes actuellement le 16 Avr 2024, 20:01

Review : TDF 2014 -

Modérateurs: Cyanide Team, Console Staff

• Auteur

mikeeboy

• XBox 360 Gamertag: Mikeeboy

Re: Review : TDF 2014 -

Message27 Juin 2014, 20:55

I agree that 1/4 wouldn't make much difference to those who enjoy 1/5 like me, maybe it would be preferable to me too, but I would still like the whole stage to be rideable. This obviously creates extra graphical work and cost for the devs, and also an adjustment to the AI to keep things realistic.

I disagree with the thinking that the license is worthless. I think the license is a big selling point of the game. There is only 3 teams that have false names, a small number in comparison to the total. It's great to be able to play the same stages that will be ridden in the coming weeks. The mileage might not be the same, but the stage profiles are the same and the route is still replicated in profile. It would be good to get recognisable faces, but we have to respect the budget that the devs are working to. A cycling game will never be a mass market game.

I'd love to see all the big races/tours in a season in this game.
Hors-ligne

Layo

Message27 Juin 2014, 21:20

mikeeboy a écrit:I agree that 1/4 wouldn't make much difference to those who enjoy 1/5 like me, maybe it would be preferable to me too, but I would still like the whole stage to be rideable. This obviously creates extra graphical work and cost for the devs, and also an adjustment to the AI to keep things realistic.

I disagree with the thinking that the license is worthless. I think the license is a big selling point of the game. There is only 3 teams that have false names, a small number in comparison to the total. It's great to be able to play the same stages that will be ridden in the coming weeks. The mileage might not be the same, but the stage profiles are the same and the route is still replicated in profile. It would be good to get recognisable faces, but we have to respect the budget that the devs are working to. A cycling game will never be a mass market game.

I'd love to see all the big races/tours in a season in this game.

No, no ... I do not say that the license is not important in the game ...

What I mean is that the license should not be an impediment to add a "Tour of Italy" or a "Tour of Spain" unlicensed ...

If Cyanide implenta a complete editor jerseys and names, we could have BMC with his red jersey, instead of the current "COM" white, (for example ...), no need to spend your budget on expensive licenses to acquire el "GIRO" o "LA VUELTA..."

There are many alternatives to improve this game ...

Pro Evolution Soccer PS2 swept with only half FiFa license ... (but with a good internal editor and users patches ...)

If Cyanide has no budget to give us a Giro d'Italia or Tour of Spain degree, I think this would be a good alternative ... ;-)

Similar to the legends Indurain, Pantani, etc. clonic of this year (no license or a sad editor names y hair or helmets to distinguish them on the road or the Podium...) :|

Moreover, for Cyanide guys will be "equally difficult" reduce 1/5 scale to 1/4 ...same when they consider appropiate to reschedule the 1/2 scale to 1/5 scale in the past year... :roll:

The only thing to consider is whether they want to continue losing sales with this unreal scale 1/5 ... (MORE OWN of MOTOCYCLING GAME ...), or listen to their own buyers and regain our confidence, with the scale 1 / 4, we approach the we ALL want to play a CYCLING game...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKdmpc_mDX0
Hors-ligne

mikeeboy

• XBox 360 Gamertag: Mikeeboy

Message27 Juin 2014, 22:03

Layo a écrit:The only thing to consider is whether they want to continue losing sales with this unreal scale 1/5 ... (MORE OWN of MOTOCYCLING GAME ...), or listen to their own buyers and regain our confidence, with the scale 1 / 4, we approach the we ALL want to play a CYCLING game...

Unless you have close relations with the Cyanide/Focus finance team how can you possibly think that they are losing sales. Just a few voices on this very quiet board is the tiniest of percentage of total sales. I am very pleased that they are selling enough copies to warrant an annual release.
Hors-ligne

Layo

Message28 Juin 2014, 00:11

Not is necesary to be related with Cyanide and Focus team, to know what users are saying in the unofficial forums an community of TDF...
This opinion is more important that the Cyanide and Focus Team, can say us about their sales...

Because (for example), they say that this year, TDF2014 would have an Online mode...
The last year, they say that "the Team Comm work correctly..." :-? and they NEVER work in repair this... We need pay 100€, (50€ of TDF2013 + 50€ of TDF2014), for that we play correctly with the Team Comm... :-( (only because Cyanide not give Tecnical Support to us in all last year...)

Do you trust in their credibility...? :-(

They must be improve... ( they should be better...) :-|
Hors-ligne

Carlos2santos

Message28 Juin 2014, 13:45

The change of scale is crucial for the game to retransmit cycling really, you know full well that the current scale makes it look like a motorcycle game and not cycling, it is clearly a very rapid scale. I as I said many times, until it finds a scaling'll buy this game no more, and buying TDF13'm wrong and I'm not allowed to spend more money on a game with these characteristics, where everything happens fast in extremedamente stages, being so far from conveying a pure cycling and suffering.
Hors-ligne

chavajimenez

Message29 Juin 2014, 11:43

scale 1:5 is very fast :( ,and incluying tour of italy and tour of sapain..is perfect...and good i.a and dificult...
Hors-ligne

mede33

Message30 Juin 2014, 14:38

Include other races would ask a lot of work doing stages. Same thing for a 1/4 scale...
Hors-ligne

Layo

Message01 Juil 2014, 17:54

mede33 a écrit:Include other races would ask a lot of work doing stages. Same thing for a 1/4 scale...

Then they should start working hard from right now ...!

They have something to do to regain the feel of a good game of CYCLING...! :cry:

Perhaps an alternative to downscaling, it might be reduce 10 points in the stats of all cyclists of the game, to avoid these horrible feelings of crazy motorcycling that produces the 1/5 scale... :|
The only stat that would not reduce could be the stats on the downhills, because i think that the sensations are good in 1/5 scale ...

Cyanide and Focus says that they are a "small business...", for this reason I believe that they should focus their efforts on TDF and PCM, instead of wasting their valuable time and budget on other games absurdities as "Styx Master ..." "Space Hulk ..." or "Farming Simulator :?
I think it is smarter to sell two outstanding games, which sell five mediocre and full sets of bugs which, moreover, they do not care to solve ...
When they sell mediocre games like these, they do not realize that stain the reputation of Cyanide and Focus... :oops:

They should focus their efforts on only a couple of games (TDF and PCM), but GOOD QUALITY... Only that way, they can get to be a benchmark for sports games and sweep in sales every summer ... (they would get a lot of new buyers every year...)

Greetings!
Hors-ligne

mede33

Hors-ligne

Layo

Message03 Juil 2014, 01:50

:lol:

"No comment..."

;)