Modérateurs: Cyanide Team, Console Staff

• Auteur

mede33

Re: Review : TDF 2014 -

Message03 Juil 2014, 15:03

Layo a écrit::lol:

"No comment..."

;)

Do you realize that cycling is not a sport that allow a company of 100 people to work on a video game ? There's not enough fan, cycling is not as popular as football for exemple, they can't base all their work on it, because they wouldn't have enough sells to survive...
A 1/4 scale would ask 25% of work more than 1/5 to do the stages. Doing Vuelta and Giro stages would also ask 200 % of work more than what they currently do. Are you sure a company like Cyanide can manage it ?
Hors-ligne

mikeeboy

• XBox 360 Gamertag: Mikeeboy

Message03 Juil 2014, 16:32

No problem with the scale for me. I don't understand the MotoCycling nonsense. The cyclists pass by the scenery at the right speed, go over the tarmac at the right speed, pass the spectators at the right speed so it no way feels like you're on a motorbike.

So the only issue is the speed at which the kms are covered. Having played the game quite a bit now, I don't think I want to be cycling any more than I am now. Climbing a mountain takes a decent amount of time, and there's decent separation between the riders. Flat stages do finish quite quickly, but knowing that in advance you can still get yourself organised, it's just earlier than they would in real life.

So the distance at which you launch your sprint train and actual sprint, are not realistic, but that is the only bit of the game that's not. To fix that you'd have to change to 1:1 which is obviously not happening.

As well as the graphical cost, the way the game is currently set up with each team having set objectives, allowing lots of replayability, it wouldn't be good to change the scale.
Hors-ligne

Layo

Message04 Juil 2014, 13:50

With your conformism, Cyanide will be impossible to know what you really want ... So a game is IMPOSSIBLE to evolution and improve year after year ... :roll:

You really that you see real that a climbing a outside category port, ours rider up like a rocket and bounced out at every turn of the road...? (1/5 scale) :cry:

You do not believe it would be much more logical and REAL, play more leisurely scale (1/4scale) ? :?:

Our opinion (review) and our money has no value for Cyanide and Focus ...? :?:

"So we got the game we deserve ..." :oops:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKdmpc_mDX0
Hors-ligne

mikeeboy

Message04 Juil 2014, 16:55

Layo a écrit:With your conformism, Cyanide will be impossible to know what you really want ... So a game is IMPOSSIBLE to evolution and improve year after year ... :roll:

The game can evolve and improve year after year without changing the scale.
Hors-ligne

chavajimenez

Message04 Juil 2014, 21:16

the scale 1:5 is very fast, this year is best game than tour 2013 but is very easy win witch good and normal raiders,next year most dificult please, and giro and vuelta.
Hors-ligne

Layo

Message06 Juil 2014, 12:13

mikeeboy a écrit:
Layo a écrit:With your conformism, Cyanide will be impossible to know what you really want ... So a game is IMPOSSIBLE to evolution and improve year after year ... :roll:

The game can evolve and improve year after year without changing the scale.

But then you do not want that Cyanide correct the problems that their users claim...? :shock:

If this absurd 1/5 scale transmits cyclism to you, then be amazed pleasantly when you playing with the scale 1/4...

If you've ever competed in road cycling, or you are a connoisseur of the hardness of cyclism, you know very well that the 1/4 scale give best feelings that transmit this unreal and crazy 1/5 scale...

The Down scaling provide enhanced feel and therefore give MORE REALISM to the game...

You do not want a game better...? :?
Hors-ligne

mikeeboy

Message07 Juil 2014, 12:27

Layo a écrit:
mikeeboy a écrit:[quote="Layo"The Down scaling provide enhanced feel and therefore give MORE REALISM to the game...

You do not want a game better...? :?

Changing the scale will not make a better game - in my opinion. I do not cycle, but as I have already said on page 1 you cannot recreate the feelings of a cyclist from your armchair with a controller. Realism in a video sports game is to make it look real and have realistic AI. Football games are played from a high side on view. Tennis games are played from high behind your player. It's the camera angles you see on TV. The game recreates the sport through animations and AI.

But a game has to be playable. So we tweak the realism a little. Football games are reduced to 10/15 minutes. Cycling games are reduced to 1/5 of the total distance to make it playable, but retaining the realism with good graphics/animations and intelligent AI.
Hors-ligne

Layo

Message07 Juil 2014, 12:50

To you it seems real and fun than the rider glance off in every turn of the climb, because of the rapid and uncontrolled 1/5 scale...? (HC ports included :shock: ) :? :oops:

The 1/4 scale always give best playable sensations (BEST GAMEPLAY), which the accelerated and unreal 1/5 scale (it does not take an expert to know this...) :roll:

So for does not delay playing every stage, the mileage slightly reduced and ready to play stages of equal duration that in 1/5...

Cyanide has never respected the real mileage of the real Tour, so there is no problem to reduce a stage of 227km in 1/5 scale to 195km in 1/4 scale (for example ...) So it will take the same time to complete the stages in 1/4 scale that in 1/5 scale, and we will win best playable feelings... (BEST GAMEPLAY) ;)

Greetings!
Hors-ligne

Carlos2santos

Message08 Juil 2014, 14:58

Cyanide has to consider a change of more reduced scale. This 1/5 scale makes the sprint cyclists do sometimes before 1km poster, plus lose feelings of mountain biking. A scale reduction would improve the gaming experience.

Also it would be nice for that comment up there that they add more UCI Pro Tour gambling among others, because they do not understand how PCM is as complete in terms of game play options refers to more than 130 racing and more 73 teams from different categories, and change the game console is so limited. They hide behind the building, but I do not see it as TDF14 in Ps4 occupies only 6.4 GB, whereas other games that I have overcome in my console all over 30 GB.

Do steps, new careers and do not worry so much of the scenery, if a road is full of green mountains and PCM is not a problem. At the end of the day the user wants to play cycling and will not be watching if a house has a balcony, or if this is repeated 15 times, and none appears directly over the stage.
Précédent

Retour vers [Tour de France] Forum Général / General Forum