Nous sommes actuellement le 27 Avr 2024, 14:56

My thoughts on Pro Tour Mode

Modérateurs: Cyanide Team, Console Staff

• Auteur

RobaL86

My thoughts on Pro Tour Mode

Message25 Juin 2014, 12:18

The only thing I have played so far is Pro Team Mode on Xbox 360, and I have encountered several bugs and weird stuff happening. I have played around 9-10 seasons and wanted to share my feedback and thoughts on the Pro mode. The mode is interesting and has a lot of cool potential, but not everything was well executed, if you ask me. There are some obvious bugs and problems in the game which hopefully will be patched, but unfortunately Cyanide has not had much interest in patching previous TDF games, so I don’t think that we will see that. Playing the Pro Team Mode gives me the feeling that it’s not really the mode I was hoping for and that it could be much better with fairly minor adjustments.

- Every time a new season starts you get a screen with goals, team rating and team leaders. The rating and leaders never change, even though I have bought Froome as the overall leader, Aru as his helper, Kittel as the main sprinter and Goss as his helper. Based on the game, the leaders are 2 poor riders that I started out with, and my team rating is still 1½ star, as when I started out. Makes no sense…

- The minimal number of stages is always 5, and always the same 5 stages. It’s like we are forced to play the same stages over and over again, as the game does not encourage you to pick more stages in the beginning. You get much less money per stage making the road to more money and better riders, much more time consuming. In the beginning, your riders are very bad and the only thing you want, is to get a better team, hence just play the same stages over and over again. They should somehow randomize these mandatory stages.

- Not all team objectives are triggering. I have had several occasions where I won the tour with Froome and 2-3 stages, and did not trigger the “Get an overall podium place and win 2 stages” objective for instance. I only received 20 million from the sponsor that season. Really? I get the same amount in a season where I win the tour as I did in the beginning for the Pro Team Mode, where I was not able to accomplish anything. I am sure there was one other objective that did not trigger properly for me, but I can’t remember which one.

- You only get money if you achieve the specified team objectives. There is no gain if you wear certain jerseys per day, win sprints, gain points, are well placed in the GC day after day etc. This might encourage people to play the full tour, instead of the same 5 stages over and over again. You should be able to get money of general and logical achievements every stage and tour, AND also the bonus challenges you get. Basically the complete economical aspect should really be changed.

- If you buy a rider, you will buy a copy of him. Meaning that the team that had him before, will still have him. You will get a copy of the rider on your team. This is very silly and makes the Pro Tour Mode slightly uninteresting. It looks like they could not find a solution to what should happen if you buy all the best riders in the game. A simple and better solution can be to just rename the original riders to something random, change his nationality to something random, and change his picture to a generic one. So you get the rider you want, and the game is still balanced with a “clone”. But again, this is also just a lazy solution. They could also just make a more logical system where you have a wage budget and simply can’t sign all the best riders, as you can’t afford to give them wage. The riders you sign should have contracts, forcing you to change the team leaders from time to time, like in the real world. The other teams should also be forced to switch riders some times. If you get a top rider from a top team, the selling team should be able to replace him with another good transfer.

- The Pro Tour Mode should be a bit deeper than it is now. Other teams should also make transfers, you should be able to sign different sponsors, you should be able to make some manager-like decisions that will affect your team, you should be able to sell riders and not just have a fixed roster, other teams should be able to bid on your riders, you should be able to spend money on other things than riders, like training facilities, equipment etc. It can be spiced with a lot of things.

- The Tour should be slightly randomized from time to time. Besides the standard 21 stages, they could just add 5-7 “bonus” stages from the previous TDF game and use these to randomize the tour every season by a total of 26-28 stages, in slightly different order. This could make the Pro Tour Mode more fun. Then you might actually be excited to see the next year’s tour at the end of the season.

- Pro Tour Mode should be expanded with more races in DLCs. I am sure that we will get DLC for TDF14, but I guess the DLC races will be playable like in TDF13. This is of course my assumption. It would be great if we could play Pro Tour with Criterium, Paris –Nice, and Tour de France in one season for instance.

Sorry for the long post. :)
Hors-ligne

Svend Rugaard

• Pseudo GameCenter: PSN : Nistelroy78

Re: My thoughts on Pro Tour Mode

Message25 Juin 2014, 14:45

Why not post this i the thread i ALLREADY Started i mention same thing as you .... there is a reason why i made the topic [BUGS] Pro Team mode
Owner of Danish PlayStation Site -
Read Latest Review on Tour De France 2016 - 8 out of 10
http://www.playstationforum.dk/tour-de-france-2016
Watch my Livestream with TDF 2016 giveaway this July
http://www.youtube.com/Nistelroy78
Hors-ligne

RobaL86

Message25 Juin 2014, 14:56

Svend Rugaard a écrit:Why not post this i the thread i ALLREADY Started i mention same thing as you .... there is a reason why i made the topic [BUGS] Pro Team mode

Hello mr. forum policeman.

Because these are in general my thoughts, ideas, and observations to the dev. team and not only bug reports.
Hors-ligne

Svend Rugaard

• Pseudo GameCenter: PSN : Nistelroy78

Message25 Juin 2014, 17:48

But its still bugs, most of them
Owner of Danish PlayStation Site -
Read Latest Review on Tour De France 2016 - 8 out of 10
http://www.playstationforum.dk/tour-de-france-2016
Watch my Livestream with TDF 2016 giveaway this July
http://www.youtube.com/Nistelroy78
Hors-ligne

RobaL86

Message26 Juin 2014, 11:42

Svend Rugaard a écrit:But its still bugs, most of them

Then you don't know what a bug really is.
I mostly mention things that relate to design, mechanics, balanced gameplay and economy. There are no bugs here - this is how they chose to make the game.
Hors-ligne

EdgarsLV

Message27 Juin 2014, 10:22

My thoughts about this mode and this game in general can be described in two/three words - PIECE OF SHIT!!

My thoughts are similar as yours about pro mode and I could add up more, but I have no desire to do it, because it's clear as day that Cyanide haven't put any thoughts/effort into this game and won't do it in future either, so only thing that I will say is [CENSORED] YOU CYANIDE AND THAT SHAMEFUL SHITTY GAME THAT YOU HAVE RELEASED!!
Hors-ligne

megadriver16

Message28 Juin 2014, 15:08

J'aurais préféré que le coureur qu'on achète quitte vraiment l'effectif de son équipe d'origine... et ça aurait été laissé au libre arbitre de chacun de rendre le jeu trop facile en prenant tout les meilleurs (ce qui n'a pas beaucoup d'intérêt...)

Parce que là, avec les clones, c'est juste ridicule... complètement surréaliste et ça brise entièrement l'immersion, donc l'intérêt de ce mode pro team déjà suffisamment bugué comme ça...

Patatrasse, est-ce qu'on peut espérer une Maj pour corriger les bugs pro team (stats de l'équipe, leaders toujours les mêmes de base, objectifs en double, etc...) et pour supprimer les clones (coureurs qu'on achète et qui restent dans leur effectif... car vous avez malheureusement fait le mauvais choix...) ?7
Hors-ligne

Carlos2santos

Message09 Juil 2014, 16:04

100% agree, I will not repeat the same thing you have said but I will say that they agree and which I find ridiculous. Cyanide is out with her ​​broken down on the road and no one comes to rescue car, because it's painful evolution that shows the game as the years pass. Also does not give assistance to the mistakes of his game, yet if they have time to do more DLC and get us more money.

The Pro Team mode this game mode as well, but far from what is actually cycling fans expect of him. Cyanide think should correct all those mistakes that you quote in this game mode and offer many more options in the as it is now painfully limited.

The Pro Team Mode should be focused on any team can select different categories of cycling UCI Pro Tour, Pro Continental, Continental or create a custom team. And from there take charge of that team over several seasons to face the real cycling calendar which begins in January and ends in late that year, a season with all its turns (Giro, Vuelta, Tour of California. ..) as PCM currently available, but of course the rider always focused as usual, not a manager like game for PC. Team A Pro mode with more realistic goals, signings, injuries aside higher level cyclists and progression of others over the years. With these and other things should feed Cyanide this game mode, which is currently poor. I am sure that if Cyanide did this, the opinion of the users to exchange them and will not rain down criticism as at present.
Hors-ligne

Carlos2santos

Message09 Juil 2014, 23:21

I would also like to comment on this poor showing progress TDF if indeed you can call it progress, as it would be more proper to refer to it as a cut and paste every year. Well Cyanide wants to defend his work in a poor technical limitations that do not exist and more now with the Ps4 on the market, or referring to the small capacity of a Blu-Ray disc. As a picture is worth a thousand words, below left capture so they take the full 3 games that I have downloaded on my Ps4 and let the light that the space does not exist as such as MLB The Show or NBA2K exceed more than six times what occupies this TDF14, and that space is an excuse to take away the money for a very limited game that seems to be made to spare time for an amateur and not a company that is dedicated to professionally work in a video game.

Tour de France 14 - 6.4 GB
MLB The Show 14 - 42 GB
NBA 2K14 - 46 GB

Seeing that the issue of space is no problem at all to offer much more content in the game. Cyanide we could provide all testing within the cycling calendar Pro Team Mode, also all UCI Pro Tour teams, Pro Continental and Continental, which greatly improve the gaming experience. That the user did not worry about putting many houses or buildings in stages, the end of the day you just want to play cycling, so if many of the stages are surrounded by mountainous terrain as in PCM will be indifferent. The important thing should be the diversity of content and testing equipment offers. All told Cyanide should react and cope with the game offering us all this content and more in the near future. Weight improvements for showing us toil away our money on their game every year, moving away from that dark tunnel where it is today and which looks like it will not leave.
Hors-ligne

EdgarsLV

Message10 Juil 2014, 13:22

Throw your shity PS4 out of window - it's useless peace of shit anyway - it gives nothing new - all that extra power will be / is used to improve graphics anyway - there is no advancement on AI or anything else, to be honest - it's even opposite - games that were released in early 00' are more intelligence than those who are released now, because all gaming industry care about now is shiny graphics, animations and stupid online for little kids!!

Retour vers [Tour de France] Forum Général / General Forum