Nous sommes actuellement le 23 Mai 2024, 14:06

Help a newbie please

Modérateur: Cyanide Team

• Auteur

josehosay

Help a newbie please

Message10 Avr 2015, 23:44

From the start I'll state that I'm not a gamer - so bare with me.

However, I really liked the look of PCM having seen it on YouTube and on the website etc.

Looks like a great concept with lots of strategies, and the idea of playing simple stages or complex managing teams also looks great.

However, rather than spend £30 on the new version and find I don't take to it, I bought the PCM12 for £5 (brand new still in wrapping). With great excitement I installed it earlier, and for once there seemed to be no problems there.

However...

Once it came to the front screen the 'cursor'/yellow triangle seems to move slightly slower or more juddery than any normal mouse cursor. First question: that can't surely be the same for everyone - with the technology there is now-a-days, surely they can make the cursor move steadily!?

I didn't mind that too much and so got into a quick race, finding the simplest set-up so I could learn the ropes during a 3D race (the reason I'd bought this!). And that is why we are here:

The cursor/mouse was about 5 seconds behind, which as you imagine caused great frustration trying to put it onto anything which I needed to change. Once I finally worked out how to start the race, the cyclists went off incredibly juddery and as though I was back in 1997 (nothing like I had seen on Youtube/trailers). I couldn't use the cursor and the cyclists slowly juddered their way through the first kilometre before I gave up.

Now I can assume this is no fault of the game (which seems hugely popular), and instead a problem at my end.

So the $64m question for you boffins: how do I fix this so it works like I'm in 2015?!?

I believe my system requirements fit the bill (from the basic knowledge I have), but I have saved the file stating what graphics card etc I have as per one of your forum threads from a system diagnostic test I did.

Before paying for an IT dude to come here to answer the question I thought I'd throw it out to you guys.

Help would be greatly appreciated and I look forward to spending the weekend getting to grips with the game!

jh
Hors-ligne

josehosay

Re: Help a newbie please

Message11 Avr 2015, 00:34

I think I've fixed the problem with the mouse cursor being slow in initial screens and will see if better now during 3D stage

I've also been told to disable Anti-virus protection?

jh
Hors-ligne

josehosay

Message11 Avr 2015, 10:45

Still no luck :(

jh
Hors-ligne

sylvao

Message17 Avr 2015, 20:14

Disable anti virus and any other background software, decrease in-game graphical options so that stuttering is reduced. That may fix the concern you have with your mouse speed.
Cheers,

Retour vers Pro Cycling Manager 2015