Nous sommes actuellement le 28 Avr 2024, 16:32

Suggestions PCM2014

Modérateur: Cyanide Team

• Auteur

florian96

Suggestions PCM2014

Message06 Nov 2013, 17:46

I’m a proud member of the pcm.daily Forum, where everyone is giving his best to make the game feeling better with mods, Tips and much more.

Now here I got my personal suggestions on PCM2014

I differentiate two Player types on the PCM Game, the Manager Players, who are mostly simulating through the season, manage contracts with sponsors, riders and the 3d Players how ride every single race in 3d Mode to get the best out of every race.
I am a 3d Player.
Therefore I want to get a good 3d Simulation of the races with lots of features.

3D Gameplay:
  • A lot were talking about 1:1 scale but everyone who knows a bit about programming and PC power will realise, that it will not be possible in the near future.
    The 1:10 scale is for me a bit too small, especially on uphill sprints or little hills like Amstel Gold or Tour of Flanders.
  • Positive to say to the 1:10 is that you don't need to long for a single race, so you can easily ride 2-3 races per hour.
  • The time gaps in relation to the visual gap on screen are sometimes looking too big.
  • There should be also an option to talk/communicate with teams/breakaways during a race to ask if they are going for a stage victory, mountain points, general classification, Sprint points,... or if they are going to help you or not.
  • And what everybody says that needs an update is AI!
    If a team is going on the general classification, what if their leader is to far behind, who is the new leader or are they now going on stage victories or another classification. Does the leader try a “do or die” attack to get back some time?
  • One bad situation on a northern classic race. Top riders give up the race to early even when they are only 1-2 minutes behind the leading group you can see no reaction of them and they are riding with low effort until they got caught by a big group.
  • Even this is difficult to coordinate in real life and I don't want to know if it's possible to code but that are decisions that have to be made of the teams when they are not on their prime tactics anymore.
  • The 3d landscape and the animations look awesome. The only thing to do is make it more efficient so the CPU and the GPU are not getting to busy.
  • Switch to your rider at TTs, when they are not at the start so far or pause the game when one of your own riders is on the start ramp.
  • The TTT system needs a big update. An option to set the starting order. I never know which effort I have to set to get through the full distance without getting the bar empty to quick.
  • The control of race environment should stay visible and not hide after getting off it.

Equipment:
  • The riders wear their glasses randomly, I think it's better to always keep the glasses on for a team/rider or not.
  • I also want to select more than 3 configurations (c1, C2, c3) of frames, wheels, helmets for my riders. Especially this would be more mod friendly so I could have my Team configuration and some others like NC, WC, or leaders so every rider gets his personal bike for his actual jersey.
    So this could only be for my own team, so not every rider in the Peloton needs an extra configuration that would need too many resources.

Managing part:
  • More personal settings with on/off options or sliders like the evolution of riders.
  • Rider trades/changes to other team on/off so all riders stay at their team every year
  • sponsor changes on/off so the team sponsor stays the same every year in every team
  • I know it sounds weird, but sometimes it's more fun to keep the riders and team sponsors were they are and it's not a big problem to implement that.
  • checkboxes for responsibilities --> trading riders, training plans, new sponsors, season planning,... or let the computer do it for you.
  • Frequency of crashes
    Some people want more, but we all know that exactly this ones will shout out first when their leader falls in a race. So there should be an option to set the frequency of cashes, also in relation to weather conditions.
  • An option to pause the game if crashes happen or someone (important) is starting an attack.

Rider training/attributes:
  • For me the most important part, I don't want to get a Contadish, who beats you in the mountains and on the other day he's winning a flat sprint, because his attributes are all over 80.
  • Decrease attributes if you don't train them!!!
    Like Cancellara is one of the best cobble riders, but if he is not doing anything to keep his high ability on cobbles his cobble attribute will decrease like up to 5 points per year or a certain percentage.
  • Give the rider personal trainings like 70% hill 20% endurance and 10% sprint and if a rider don't want to be transformed into a specific type of rider for example Contador a GT rider doing 100% cobble training he should say something like: "I don't want to become a Nordern classic rider." And if you ignore it the moral go down. On the other side he needs it for the Tour 2014 so you can go 30% mountain 20% time trail and 50% cobble and he may say it's OK.
    And the higher the attributes become the harder it is to build them up, also on the other side the higher the attributes are the quicker they decrease.
  • The trainers give the riders a boost on their abilities.
    For Example: A trainer for the mountains give you a boost on the evolution of your mountain attribute or it is decreasing slower, if your personal training is not set at the mountain attribute (0%)
  • The weather conditions should also play a big role on the rider. For example: a rider loves hot temperatures and get +1 point/percent on all attributes and he hates cold temperatures and his attributes go down -1 point/percent.
    The same on sunny weather up to rain/snow.
  • Give a rider a bonus for favoured races they race on for example moral +20 points, a specific attribute Hill, Endurance or Flat +2 points, fitness +1 point (if possible)

Rider season planning:
  • The new planning for the riders season is not that bad, but the old system where it was possible to manage the peaks and lows on your own were much better than the new system.

Rider collisions:
  • I think creating the collisions were a good decision. They let the Peloton feel more real. You can't rush through with 60 km/h from behind; you have to work through the whole pack to get in front. But there are situations were its pretty dump.
    I remember when I sent one of my team-mates back to get some water. It was a mountain stage so the pack was getting smaller and smaller. When I was behind a big part of the Peloton was dropping (Sprinters and weak riders) I tried to get back to the peloton but couldn't, because 4 riders were riding in one line from left to right so they blocked the whole road and you couldn't get pass them. I don't want to say that ruined my race, but it was annoying to lose a rider by not getting pass the others.

That is all for now.
I don't know if it's possible to set up those things, but I hope you find some interesting points for next year.
If this is not enough for you visit the pcm.daily page under this link, where other users had some good ideas -->
http://pcmdaily.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=30392

I also would change the release date of the pc-game, the game was fully playable at September and that's by far to late.
Launch it at Giro or Dauphine, fix bugs until TDF start and then promote the PC-Game with the XBOX and PS Games.

Merci de vous être donné tout ce mal!

florian96

Retour vers Pro Cycling Manager 2015