Nous sommes actuellement le 17 Juin 2024, 15:37

Bring back the old custom race calendar for team leaders

Modérateur: Cyanide Team

• Auteur

titleist82

• Pseudo GameCenter: ita-lie

Bring back the old custom race calendar for team leaders

Message30 Août 2011, 10:32

As in PCM2006, important riders should ask for their specific calendar of races and their morale should be influenced if they ride / do not ride the races they want to participate in.

Riders should also have races they don't wont to participate or races they want to participate but not as team leader, just for building up form.

e.g. Andy Schleck

Giro d'italia: No
Tour de Suisse: Yes
Tour de France: Yes, as leader

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comme dans PCM2006, les coureurs importants devraient demander à leur calendrier spécifique de courses et de leur moral devrait être influencé si ils particpent / Ne particpent pas à les courses qu'ils veulent participer.

Ils devraient également avoir des courses qu'ils ne veulent pas de participer ou de races, ils veulent participer, mais pas comment leader, juste pour construire la forme.

par exemple Andy Schleck

Giro: Non
Tour de Suisse: Oui
Tour de France: Oui, comment leader
Hors-ligne

Contaboss

Re: Bring back the old custom race calendar for team leaders

Message30 Août 2011, 22:46

Good idea.
Hors-ligne

titleist82

• Pseudo GameCenter: ita-lie

Message02 Sep 2011, 10:53

this feature may also be linked to contract negotations (e.g. Greipel signs for Omega Pharma Lotto and has a TdF spot granted)
Hors-ligne

le-boss-de-silk

Message07 Sep 2011, 16:10

it's a great idea, but I think that we must speak of that with the riders, because, in pcm 2007 riders gave me thier calendar, and from time to time, there were races that i didn't want to do

(sorry if I speak english baddly)
je n'avait peur de rien pour devenir pleinement moi même,
un parmis tant des la démeusure et l'amour du genre
toujours insoumi, toujours vivant nous étions jeunes et insouciants
laurent FIGNON, RIP M. le professeur

team red bull : gaston berger
Hors-ligne

fnbrschtt

Message08 Sep 2011, 01:37

Yeah good idea. I remember 2006, and the contract negotiations were already implementing the spots in Grand Tours. And also the calendars for the riders, indeed.
There should be some realistics in it, though. If you don't have enough riders wanting to compete in a certain part of the season, the wishes to take part in a course should not have that much effect on the morale, I feel. And also, if you want a rider to race another race than the one he was asking for but at about the same time, it should depend on the rider's goals in that race whether or not he will feel you let him down.

By the way, I fell the calendar should, as in 2006, only be possible for World Tour Teams, for ProContinental riders can't be sure of the races their team is invited for.

A minor comment on something above. I played 2006 and 2007 as well, but can't remember the riders told me their desired calendars in 2007. Conveniently forgotten by me, different versions, or another explanation?

Anyways, calendars can make a come back when you ask me

PS: You can even think about the following (which links to one of my earlier suggestions for improvements). If a rider asks for a program of about 90 days of racing, his race fitness should decline after those 90 days, not alreday at 60!
Take a sprinter, they can easily handle 80-90 race days a year, only the three Grand Tours already costs Mark Cavendish about 50 race days per year.
Improving the management part of the game. That's what we want to see, instead of better graphics that are only available for 'super'computers...

Retour vers PCM2012 Suggestions