Nous sommes actuellement le 28 Mars 2024, 15:12

Crashing on "Stream Read" - Fixed, need feedbacks

Modérateurs: Cyanide Team, Focus Team

• Auteur

Eyolfur

Crashing on "Stream Read" - Fixed, need feedbacks

Message15 Juil 2012, 13:18

Hello,

It seems that recently a lot of players had problems with loading 3d stages, and the problem appeared randomly one day with no explanation. Until now, the only issue we could reproduce was for users with Steam and Windows XP, for which we are still investigating the source of the problem.

For those who don't have Windows XP + Steam, please answer some questions, so it will help us to find a way to reproduce and fix the problem.

-Which Windows Version do you have ?
-Are you up-to-date with the recent Windows updates ?
-Do you have the crash on any stage you launch, or does it crash randomly ?
-Does it crash on PCM2011 as well (if you do have PCM2011) ?
-Does it crash when you shutdown your internet connexion (some seem to say it makes a difference) ?
-Do you have a special data pack installed on your PCM2012 ? Try with the original version.
-From which version did you install the patch 1.2.0.0 ? Automatically/Manually ?

Please give us the maximum info. The topic will be moderated to focus on the reports only.
Hors-ligne

DC0123

Re: Crashing on "Stream Read" - Need info

Message15 Juil 2012, 14:19

Windows 7

Yes

any stage

tried and YES

-Does it crash when you shutdown your internet connexion (some seem to say it makes a difference) ?
seems to work, not crashing when internet is disconnected

-Do you have a special data pack installed on your PCM2012 ? Try with the original version.
Original, not any custom addings

-From which version did you install the patch 1.2.0.0 ? Automatically/Manually ?
Automatically however did download the beta patch manually before he last automated update

one small addition

I do have steam installed on my comp but dont use it to play PCM as its the boxed version
Hors-ligne

thegame69dx

Message15 Juil 2012, 14:30

WINDOWS 7 64bit
YES
Every Stage
Working fine without Internet, only crashing with Internet on
-Do you have a special data pack installed on your PCM2012 ?
Doesn't matter, crashes with original db too
tried both, doesn't make any difference

Another maybe important Info: It works with internet on if you leave it alone and wait for 1-2 minutes. But waiting minutes before every stage is really not the solution here.
Hors-ligne

Eyolfur

Message15 Juil 2012, 14:48

@DC0123 thanks for your feedback. Would you mind try to load a stage with Internet ON, but with Steam shut down ? (only if you tested with steam launched previously, even though you have a boxed version). Please precise if you're using a 64 bit or 32 bit version on Windows.

@thegame69dx : you first seem to say it crashes on every stages, and then you say sometimes it works if you "leave it alone". What do you mean by that ? Do you quit the game, do you press the keyboard keys ? What do you do when it crashes?
Hors-ligne

DC0123

Message15 Juil 2012, 15:17

its 64 bit

tried with steam active and deactive both with same result
Hors-ligne

Raoul Duke

Message15 Juil 2012, 15:20

- Which Windows Version do you have ?
Windows Vista 64

yes

Any stage

n/a

No, does not crash when internet is switched off

Crashes on both original version and RSM DB

Manually from pcm.daily after auto install of 1.1.0.3
Hors-ligne

thegame69dx

Message15 Juil 2012, 15:24

Eyolfur a écrit:@DC0123 thanks for your feedback. Would you mind try to load a stage with Internet ON, but with Steam shut down ? (only if you tested with steam launched previously, even though you have a boxed version). Please precise if you're using a 64 bit or 32 bit version on Windows.

@thegame69dx : you first seem to say it crashes on every stages, and then you say sometimes it works if you "leave it alone". What do you mean by that ? Do you quit the game, do you press the keyboard keys ? What do you do when it crashes?

It's pretty simple, it always works if you wait long enough. Sometimes 1 min, sometimes 2 mins ...
But as soon as you click somewhere with the mouse, the game crashes.
If you wait long enough, the stage will load, just don't move and click the mouse.

So summary:
1.Start Stage
2.just wait long enough without doing anything at "Stream read"
3. after some time (usually within 1-2 mins) the stage will load and the race begins

or

1. Start Stage
2. move the mouse and click anywhere during loading
3. Game Crashes

or

Disable Internet
1. Start Stage
2. Stage will load fine and race begins
Hors-ligne

cappuccinoexpress

Message15 Juil 2012, 15:25

windows xp 32 bit

yes

any stage, sometimes if i wait long it goes but this is not normal

i have only pcm2011, so yes

it doesn't crash without internet connection

(pcm 2011) now yes, but i tried also with original version

I don't want to be an expert but seems like a fail in "connection with something", in fact without internet it goes because doesn't need to connect....
if it can help, i tried to reactivate the game, and the automatic reactivation failed (problems in connections with server)
From my point of view, seems like you have some problems with some server. But i can't know,you should...
I hope it helps.
Hors-ligne

Eyolfur

Message15 Juil 2012, 15:40

Well, i don't see how the internet connexion can provoke any crash, especially on PCM11 as well. I'll keep an eye on it. You may try to log in the game with a profile that has not be activated in Armada. But i doubt it will change anything.
Hors-ligne

cappuccinoexpress

Message15 Juil 2012, 15:45

Eyolfur a écrit:Well, i don't see how the internet connexion can provoke any crash, especially on PCM11 as well. I'll keep an eye on it. You may try to log in the game with a profile that has not be activated in Armada. But i doubt it will change anything.

well, obviously it seems strange also to me....
but the fact is this:
-with internet on it doesn't go
-with internet off it goes

as i said i don't have 2012 so i don't have armada. i speak about 2011

and i want to specify...for me it's not really a crash, but a loooooooooong loading...and for long i mean it can be also 10 minutes
Suivant

Retour vers Support Pro Cycling Manager 2012