Nous sommes actuellement le 29 Mars 2024, 09:01

Ideas Pro Cycling Manager 2017

Modérateur: Cyanide Team

• Auteur

Stefan de Vries

Ideas Pro Cycling Manager 2017

Message17 Juil 2016, 21:41

Hello everyone,

Here are some ideas of the next Tour de France game I have had the last couple of days.

1. It would be really cool if they scanned all of the riders who are in the real tour and put them into the game. The main complaint I have is that the riders all look the same in this game. The solution I just mentioned will provide the game with more variety. Scan all the gear of the riders and the bike.

2. I want to see the real stages in the game. You can capture all of the landmarks with pictures or simple film all of the real stages and put them into the game and make them as real as possible.

3. Make the audience look more real.

4. Real bicycle physics. Scan all the bikes of all the riders and make them behave like real bikes. Measure its weight, length and thickness. Also determine its centre of gravity. Determine the friction of the tires. Determine the aerodynamics of the bike and driver.

5. Real injury system. The riders can get sick. Make a real muscle system and research what kind of injuries there are possible when you ride a bike and put them into the game. If a rider falls in the stage you will see a damaged shirt and maybe some blood. Also If it was a really hard fall it would have an effect on the performance of the rider in the next stage. Also the rider can get killed if he is driving from a cliff. If a rider is to sick or badly injured he can decide if he is going to stop with the Tour the France.

6. Interviews before and after the race with the riders. Questions should be related to last stage or to a rider which gained time or lost time on the yellow jersey or speculations or some interesting thing which happened in last stage. Maybe the interviewer can show this on a monitor to the rider and the rider could react to the situation. It would be really cool if you can typ your own reaction and the interviewer will respond to your reaction.

7. Background story of the riders. When you choose a rider he will talk about himself and why he began to ride a bike. Maybe also a background story of the team he is racing with.

8. If you fast forward you can choose between a helicopter view or a motor view. It will have the same effect when you are watching the real tour the France.

9. The real voice of all of the riders. If the riders answer the questions from the interviewers I want to hear the real voice of Froome or Contador etc. Also if the riders are talking through the radio. And when the riders are talking in the peloton.

10. Talking. Allow alliances to be formed by simply talking to a other rider when you are in the peloton or in the breakaway etc. Also talk to a rider and make a strategy when you are in the peloton or in the breakaway etc.

11. My rider. Create your own rider and develop your rider. You can get approached by certain teams who want you in the team.

I hope you guys will like these ideas. Maybe you can make the list longer by adding some ideas of your own.
Hors-ligne

Maddrengen

• Pseudo GameCenter: Maddrengen

Re: Ideas Pro Cycling Manager 2017

Message17 Juil 2016, 23:54

First of all a little feedback on your suggestions Stefan :)

1. I know for a fact that few riders have their own rider .nif's, such as Voeckler and Cavendish (maby not in the 2016 game, but they did in former editions). But scanning riders seems a little overdone, and very difficult, and making each and every one in the peleton is difficult (Seriously that like 3000 riders). Would be nice to see options for making easy body profiles for Pro Rider ex. A system like in FIFA or SIMS.

2. Very likely not to happen, given the ways stages are made are not by film.

3. Yeah, defenetly, they've improved a lot the latest years :)

4. Definetly a factor that would be awesome, so the bike has impact on the ride. Been asking it for years though, not happened.

5. Killing riders seems a bit extreme to me. Injuries is a part of the game, it has (as far as I know) impact on the following stages, and withdrawal happens once in a while from injury or sickness.

6. This was actually a part of previous games, would be nice to see it again.

7. That I personally believe is too much work for too little joy.

8. You can actually do this?

9. Again too much work for too little joy.

10. Not sure how it works, but I think it is possible? Maby only in Tour de France game? Agree on it though.

11. This has existed since PCM15

My own suggestions
12. Clean up the folder system. Seems like there's a lot of garbage laying around unused. Also getting rid of the .TGA and .DDS files would be nice.

13. As mentioned above, the ability to change physical aspects of your pro rider, such as chest size, arms, legs, u name it. This should of course have some impact on the stats, so a heavi rider is more likely to grow to be a good sprinter rather than climber. Maby add the possibility to loose or gain weight to change rider style, such as seen the last couple of years with a few Brits :) Somehow with this, you could also implement the physics of the equipment such as weight and aerodynamics. And it would be a hell lot easier to make specific riders' profiles :)
Hors-ligne

Stefan de Vries

Re: Ideas Pro Cycling Manager 2017

Message19 Juil 2016, 01:09

Maddrengen, thank you for your response :) . First let me tell you that everyone is entitled to their own opinion 8-) .

I personally believe that these ideas I have mentioned are ambitious but certainly doable. These ideas will take multiple years for the developers to implement them into the game. So start for example with implementing number 1 and 2 in the next game. Maybe implement number 3 and 4 in the game after that etc. Focus each year on one or two new aspects while improving the other aspects.

The personal goal I have had is that I wanted to make the game look more realistic. I found that the riders and the environment looked bad. If you compare Pro Cycling Manager 2016 with FIFA 16 or PES 2016. You will conclude that the Soccer players visually look better than the Riders in Pro Cycling Manager 2016. Also the pitch looks better than the environment in Pro Cycling Manager 2016. Finally the crowd looks beter in FIFA or PES.

Lastly the ideas you have mentioned are great ideas, but they don't effect game play or enviroment etc. I encourage you to think outside the box and come up with changes in game play or environment changes etc. Go crazy :) . Good luck :D

If there are more of you who speak English, please fill this forum with ideas of your own. So the developers get inspiration from your ideas and make a better game. I really want to get this forum to the developers so they can make a better game. If there are more of you filling this forum with comments the more likely the developers will notice this forum.

Retour vers Pro Cycling Manager 2016