Nous sommes actuellement le 19 Mars 2024, 07:28

automatic saves in career mode (recover a save after crash)

Modérateurs: Cyanide Team, Focus Team

• Auteur

Eyolfur

automatic saves in career mode (recover a save after crash)

Message13 Juil 2009, 14:32

To prevent from losing a savegame during a career, there is an option in the game allowing to make saves of your game every week(ingame). It allows to recover a save in case of problem, and it might help to identify a bug.

To do that, you have to launch the game with the parameter -weeklysave. You need to have the writing rights in the installation folder (which is not the case if you installed the game on program files on vista).

To make a shortlink, you have to :
-Go to the installation folder
-Right click on PCM.exe => create a shortlink : a "Shortlink to pcm.exe' will be created.
-Right click on this file => Properties, target.
-Add -weeklysave to the target. It should give you something like "C:\Program Files\Cyanide\Pro Cycling Manager - Season 2009\pcm.exe" -weeklysave

Launch the game with the shortlink, you can move it to your desktop

Make a google search if you don't know how to get write rights on program files.

Youl'' find the weekly saves in the folder Database/Weeklysave of your PCM installation.
Hors-ligne

astatguy

Re: automatic saves in career mode (recover a save after cra

Message13 Juil 2014, 05:06

Thank you for this suggestion, which I've implemented. Unfortunately, I don't think it will help much. My game crashes too often for a weekly save to have much effect. We need an in-game option to save when we want. I know it will take time, but we users could make a decision on whether we want to wait for the security. Currently, career mode is unplayable because I can't come close to finishing a year before I get a corrupted load. Thank you for your help.
Hors-ligne

IgnotusOne

Re: automatic saves in career mode (recover a save after cra

Message24 Juil 2014, 07:37

You can't be seriously saying that you can only save this game after 1 week of in-game play?
That makes it unplayable for most people!
I have a job and a wife. If I'm lucky, I get 90 minutes to sit down with a computer game before I have to save out of it - and as far as I can tell, it takes at least an hour just to race one stage in this iteration.
In the old TdF 2013, I could save at any time during a race, which was perfect because it meant I could cycle a stage over several days, whenever I had time to play it.

I'm amazed that anyone ever finishes a race - let alone a career - with the current save parameters. Unless you can fix this, I can't be the only one who will simply have to abandon this game.

Retour vers Forum technique / Technical forum