Nous sommes actuellement le 28 Mars 2024, 17:55

Bug thread

Modérateurs: Cyanide Team, Focus Team, Console Staff

• Auteur

aroda

Re: Bug thread

Message11 Juil 2011, 17:33

mikeeboy a écrit:The sprint bug where you can't start till 300m is more of an issue I feel in the uphill or mountain stages. On the flat, my red bar is full so attack with around 600 to go and hold on. It's impossible to come from behind though.

A fix will be issued on a patch we are preparing.

mikeeboy a écrit:The simulated sections are very ropey in the AI department. Definitely seems to drop all orders and I also had a really weird stage 9.

I was playing as Van Den Broeck. I had sent Gilbert on an early break to pick up some points (not very realistic that I don't think) so he was caught before one of the sections that went over the top of one of the peaks. As we came to the end of that climb, the peloton seemed to split a little and I got left behind. I went on alone to try and catch up and end up falling twice downhill, which left me miles behind at the end of the section. During simulation things went crazy. The race got split into around 15 groups, Van Den Broack suddenly became superman. He caught up the front group, then caught up a rider who had broken away, then went on again himself, so when the next section started I was in the lead on my own, but with the gap diminishing as I did that section. So by the time the last section started everything seemed a bit more normal then as myself and the rest of the good climbers were in the front group going for the win. It was just weird.

Despite falling twice on that stage there is still a bug where your rider can corner much much faster than the AI riders. I think I've seen a youtube video of someone on the final stage where when doing the laps at the end it looks ridculous when your rider takes those hairpins at full tilt and opens up a gap.

Well, that is part of the deal when the AI takes control over your rider, sometimes it will make choices which may not be that clear to us when we see from outside. I know that this is not ideal because we lack a lot of information to know what is going on behind the scenes, but this mode was necessary to make the game accessible for most people. Playing a stage full-length (over 4 or 5hours) is not an option for 99% of the people. That said, we are fully conscious that the feedback provided during the simulated phases needs to be improved on future versions.

Saivert a écrit:@mikeeboy I believe this is the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5roAKgDxR4

Well, I acknowledge that the controlled rider has an advantage while turning compared to AI riders but I disagree in that the gameplay is [CENSORED] up because of that. You have an advantage because on the other hand you can also fall, which an AI rider will rarely do (because they don't take risks, that's why they brake before). If you carefully watch the video, you are controlling Hushovd (not a bad rider at all) and you take the turn just at the limit of falling, your bar must be at 99% of risk or close, ok, you win, well done, that's skill. If you manage to do it with a rider rated 55SPR then make a video for me and we'll talk.
Hors-ligne

mikeeboy

• XBox 360 Gamertag: Mikeeboy

Message11 Juil 2011, 22:46

aroda a écrit:Well, I acknowledge that the controlled rider has an advantage while turning compared to AI riders but I disagree in that the gameplay is [CENSORED] up because of that. You have an advantage because on the other hand you can also fall, which an AI rider will rarely do (because they don't take risks, that's why they brake before). If you carefully watch the video, you are controlling Hushovd (not a bad rider at all) and you take the turn just at the limit of falling, your bar must be at 99% of risk or close, ok, you win, well done, that's skill. If you manage to do it with a rider rated 55SPR then make a video for me and we'll talk.

I appreciate what you're saying there but not even Hushovd can corner that quick even if he was taking maximum risk. It needs toning down a lot. Maximum risk must be reached at a much lower speed. Might catch a few people out at first but it would be much more realistic.
Hors-ligne

mikeeboy

Message11 Juil 2011, 23:00

aroda a écrit:Well, that is part of the deal when the AI takes control over your rider, sometimes it will make choices which may not be that clear to us when we see from outside. I know that this is not ideal because we lack a lot of information to know what is going on behind the scenes, but this mode was necessary to make the game accessible for most people. Playing a stage full-length (over 4 or 5hours) is not an option for 99% of the people. That said, we are fully conscious that the feedback provided during the simulated phases needs to be improved on future versions.

Interesting that you consider the length of time of a stage as the obstacle rather than reproducing 200km of road. If, graphically this is possible then I would consider being able to play the whole stage but with speed options x2, x4, x8 etc which maybe automatically switched to normal speed when something of note happens. Perhaps this could sit alongside the ability to just play certain sections for those who would like to play that way.

Of the stages I've played so far (still only up to stage 9) I would probably like to play less of the flat stages (certainly at the start if you're not on a breakaway) and more of the hilly/mountain stages.

Definitely a hard one to call, especially with the difficult AI decisions during simulated sections.
Hors-ligne

Saivert

• Pseudo GameCenter: Saivert

Message11 Juil 2011, 23:25

aroda a écrit:
Saivert a écrit:@mikeeboy I believe this is the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5roAKgDxR4

Well, I acknowledge that the controlled rider has an advantage while turning compared to AI riders but I disagree in that the gameplay is [CENSORED] up because of that. You have an advantage because on the other hand you can also fall, which an AI rider will rarely do (because they don't take risks, that's why they brake before). If you carefully watch the video, you are controlling Hushovd (not a bad rider at all) and you take the turn just at the limit of falling, your bar must be at 99% of risk or close, ok, you win, well done, that's skill. If you manage to do it with a rider rated 55SPR then make a video for me and we'll talk.

I rode away from the peleton easily with Fränk Schleck in a downhill without taking very big risks in the turns. You can't tell me that it should be like that. And i crashed earlier on the stage with Fränk Schleck and managed to catch up with the peleton downhill.
Hors-ligne

mikeeboy

Message12 Juil 2011, 00:35

There is a bug with the provisional overall ranking at the intermediate sprint. It seems whoever wins that sprint gets 2 mins, then the rest are set to zero.
Hors-ligne

mikeeboy

Message18 Juil 2011, 22:50

Just played stage 12 as Gilbert. Intermediate was in the 1st section so I broke away, picked up 20 points then waited for the peloton (I'm testing the AI to to he limit here). Once they caught up, a few broke away just before the section finished. This included Cavendish who actually picked up some mountain points before dropping back. Hmmmm, not too realistic that.
Hors-ligne

waitandsee20

Message29 Sep 2011, 06:41

Hi, I seem to have a problem with the game on PS3 after the patch. At the start of a new section, I can only select 1 or 2 of my riders even though all of my team is in the peleton. This is a problem because i want to control my team leader, but i can't. Also, if 1 of my riders is in a breakaway, he is the only one I can select.
Hors-ligne

aroda

Message29 Sep 2011, 15:26

You can use the CIRCLE BUTTON to skip the rider until the rider of your choice is presented on the screen.

I know it is not very intuitive, we will improve the system for the next version
Précédent

Retour vers Tour de France 2011 Support