TGA to JPG - Convert image online

Modérateurs: Cyanide Team, Story Staff, Bigben Team

• Auteur

magnusdecimal

• Pseudo GameCenter: magnusdecimal
  • XBox 360 Gamertag: magnusdecimal

TGA to JPG - Convert image online

Message14 Fév 2020, 11:16

Thanks - I haven't actually made my heightmap yet though. I was just testing stuff to make sure it worked before I started heightmapping. But I can send you the test thing I did for a flat tilted plane, which should be a linear gradient. So the PNG I'm fairly certain is linear, but the RAW isn't. When I imported it into unity, it wasn't straight at all, it looked more like a square root graph, or a log graph or something. Unity forums won't let my upload RAW files, so I've uploaded it as a zip. If the PNG isn't linear, that means something's going wrong with exporting my heightmap from blender, but I'm pretty sure it's not that.
Hors-ligne

BOONE

• Pseudo GameCenter: jumjhyn nhgn
  • XBox 360 Gamertag: ,njhjkghg ghtfbg gh

Re: TGA to JPG - Convert image online

Message14 Fév 2020, 11:17

Sorry that this question has probably been asked hundreds of times before, but I have searched for many hours and I simply can't find any PNG to RAW converters which work, can do 16bit colour depth, don't have a ridiculously small max file size, work on mac, and I can work out how to use.
Hors-ligne

magnusdecimal

Message14 Fév 2020, 11:18

I've made some terrain in blender, and I've exported a heightmap as a png (i can't export from blender directly as a .raw, only as png, jpg, tiff, open exr, tga, and a few others). I'm using a mac with mavericks, and so far I've tried Imagemagick, gimp, a very old version of photoshop (i got the old one because it's free), and I've tried loads of online converters and stuff to convert the .png into a .raw. So Gimp works fine, but it can only do 8bit colour depth per channel (in Gimp 2.10 it'll do 16bit, but thats not out yet). Photoshop just doesn't open - apparently "powerpc apps are no longer supported". I think its a thing with mavericks, which is fixed with the new versions of photoshop, but they cost like 1000s of moneys, so I can't really get them. ImageMagick did something, but no matter what commands I use, it either gives me completely wrong heightmaps (its like totally random noise and it crashes unity as soon as i import it), or it gives me a png file that just been renamed to .raw at the end.
Hors-ligne

BOONE

• Pseudo GameCenter: jumjhyn nhgn
  • XBox 360 Gamertag: ,njhjkghg ghtfbg gh

Message14 Fév 2020, 11:18

I'm not positive but I think when you're saving to png its getting saved as 8bit so you lose precision even if you convert to 16bit because the data isn't there and it can't just make it up for you. Instead of png which is a somewhat lossy format, use TIFF and save it out as 16bit. Then you should be able to convert the tiff to raw without the precision loss since you're originating from 16bit data.
Hors-ligne

magnusdecimal

Message14 Fév 2020, 14:29

The format can store image data with the maximum 24 bits of RGB and an extra 8-bit alpha channel. Color data can be color-mapped, or in direct color or truecolor format. Image data may be stored raw, or optionally, a lossless RLE compression similar to PackBits can be employed. Click here to find out more https://anyconv.com/tga-to-jpg-converter/

Retour vers Récits / Stories